Home Made 4 link

-

brewil

Reaction score
Hi from South Africa

My Aussie Valiant Charger has not sold so I have decided to d a ten year project (hopefully shorter)

So due to budget constraints I thought maybe it would be better to build my own 4 link.

I have LOTS of questions and would greatly appreciate the advice from the big hittters here.

as anybody used this or a set like it?

http://thorbros.com/4-link-kits/triangulated-4-link

Do the bar ends need a zerk fitting?

Is 1.5" tubing overkill for a Dana 60 diff and a hot 360 (450hp+)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I have checked out Mad Darts build which is super inspiring.

Oh Also

whats the difference between using my leaf spring mounting location and a frame rail mounting location for the upper bars

This is a street car and I am looking for hold and cornering.

Will eventually go with a front HDK when funds permit

Here is the mock up pics from my 67 cuda.

Added some armor to the frame rails and its super beefy.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_0300.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 739
  • 100_0301.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 586
  • 100_0315.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 619
Little bit easier set up than tri-4 since you don't have to make an upper sub frame for connecting the uppers. You may have to move part of your trunk well or take it out all together though. Not saying it's better just is what it is.
The tab holding the pan hard bar on the axle is just mock up FYI.

I chose to leave part of my trunk well and make a football well.

Couple more pics of the upper shock mounts and sheet metal work showing the cuts fyi. I have air ride so I had to move things around in order to get it slammed as low as I could when the bags are down. If your keeping it more street/autocross then you may not have to cut as much to clear that Huge Dana.

Attachments

• 100_0304.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 527
  • 100_0306.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 505
  • 100_0307.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 528
  • 100_0312.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 518
I fabbed up my own triangulated 4 link using 1.5" bars.
attachment.php?attachmentid=258991&stc=1&d=1314654740.jpg

Whats the difference between placing the bottom bars in the frame rails and placing them in the old leaf spring mount?

Whats the difference between placing the bottom bars in the frame rails and placing them in the old leaf spring mount?

same reason some move their leaf springs inward.....more room for wider rubber

Double bagging so to speak. Ok gotcha. I'm running 8's wide so I should be able to stick with stock. Thanks men!

Denny, the guy here didn't end up buying the car so I'm hoping for a future HDK when funds permit. When is your website live?

Can anyone give me advice on finding the angles for the top bars from the crossmember to the diff?

-
Back