HONDA steps up in a big way.....

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well how bout this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zh2ULhXtqYU[/ame]

That's a great idea. I grew up going to a drive in from the mid 50's right up to when they closed in 1995. My mother worked there starting in 1948 and stayed until the end so I never had to pay to go in. They played first run movies and I saw all the big movies of the 60s and 70s and I worked there for a few years. It was always a good time. The one movie I really remember was when The Green Berets came out. It was the hottest two weeks of that summer and many of us of that time remember what the Vietnam War did to this country. Well we averaged 500+ cars on week nights and turned away a few hundred on weekends, the place held just over 800 cars! It was a mad house. So this is a great idea to keep these places going. It's so much more fun then going into a movie house.

There's still a drive-in about 20 min from my house...if ya can stand the 95%+ humidity.

I remember back in the 80's- sneaking in 5 people and a 48qt cooler of beer in the trunk of my 66 Olds 98.

someone has to be an American company lol

Lmao...

True that, historically when honda steps up the "P/R CASH FLOW IDOLOGIC
MACHINE",

honda america is getting ready to grease the intro of a new model roll out
in the North American Car Market...

---homer post ---

Lmao...

MACHINE",

---homer post ---

All probably true. But Chrysler, GM and Ford are all asleep at the wheel. They all had an equal chance to do it too and use the opportunity to roll their new models out. They were beat to the punch. The dumbasses.

We go to the one in Midland on occasion. I don't recall people being as inconsiderate of other movie goers way back when. Always some jackass with his foot on the brake or turning on his headlights to find the M&M that's rolled down under his nuts.

Last time we went the idjit next to us with the three screaming kids started his fart piped car literally every three minutes, I'm guessing to keep from running down the battery, and the fool on the other side used his windshield washers, which squirted far enough to come in the sunroof on our car dousing the me, the wife and leather seats. Not once, but twice. Pissed, I got out, handed him a can of cleaner and some paper towels, told him I'd sure appreciate it if he'd lay off the washer.

Now I know why I used to park in the back row with what's her name, no use trying to watch the show.

We don't have one anywhere near here. However, in the county where we live, I think one would go over real big.

Lmao...

MACHINE",

---homer post ---

Of course.....they cranked their P.R. thinking caps all the way up and they're trying as hard as they can be your "baseball~apple pie" car company. Of course, they are a long way from Saturn.....LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfx3-dNs0PI"]Cheesy Saturn Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Not only the drive-ins effected. Those down town movie houses didn't bank enough of their popcorn profits over the years to afford digital projectors either.
One such theatre near me opens occasionally to show a film for free. Last title I saw on their marquee was Monsters Inc. ( the first one ) as Wednesday matinee.
Technology changes so fast these days that I would be afraid to go in debt for a digital projector. It could very well be obsolete before its paid for.

-
Back