Hood change opinion

-

DUSTPAN340

Reaction score
Thinking of changeing my hood from the scooped hood I have now to the COWL INDUCTION hood ...just looking for some input...and hopefully not alot of "its a chevy hood"...it maybe but my whole car isnt stock looking to begin with...just looking for a change...and now that MOPAR MUSCLE is doing a few pages on the DUSTPAN...i thought maybe a change in looks....any creative imput...??????????....and if I were to change..would you paint the whole hood to match the car or paint the hood black...I was thing to match the car if I change

thanks guys...

wayne :burnout:

Why not a shaker or air grabber hood (think 70 gtx style)?

If you need the clearance, by all means go with the cowl, it's your car. From an aero standpoint, it's the best option and painted body color, they look good. IMO
If you want something different, US Body Source has an SRT style hood on their site listed as "coming soon".
http://www.usbody.com/

i think you would be doing your car an injustice IMHO.... those cowl hoods are on everything

yes, they are on EVERYTHING :D
12-19-105.jpg

i put a cowl hood on my dart and it just didnt jive it might look better on the duster though

The bodywork looks so original,that helps make the car.Might check out a 71 340 Demon,for ideas.My .02.

I will vote for the cowl scooped hood. I like them and they look very good on any car/truck. I have a big one on the fast dart... The slow dart may get one with the new motor..

The slow dart has a 6 pack hood on it and I am on the fence if I like it or not.. It is funny how people hate on the cowl hood because GM came up with it and they say it is on everything.. I wonder why that is? Oh yea it looks good that may be the reason...lol

i don't know... it looks good on some cars. just doesn't do anything for me on a duster. but hey its not my car or my money..

ccrp_0211_01_z+1971_plymouth_duster_project_nova+side_view.jpg

IMHO, it looks out of place on a duster. They have such a flat front end; no tapers or curves to be complimented by a cowl hood...

don't need the room under the hood....the six pack takes up same amount of room as on a CUDA....I'm just looking for a new look for the car...the scoop I have I see all over on MOPARS..they were everywhere at the nats last week.....just want something differant to set the car aside from other at gaterings and shows....

I once took a 70-72 Chevelle functional cowl induction hood and grafted the front part of a stinger on to the Chevelle hood. It looked pretty bad ***. I cut a hole behind the stinger to create a ram air effect that I could open and close with a wire setup. It created a wing effect that way.

Oops, I just threw up in my mouth.........LOL!!!! Just kidding! It's your car and your money. Make it the way you think it'll look the best to YOU!

Grew up on Camaros.The original scoop heighth was 17/8",fit the body lines of the camaro.Maybe,too set in my ways,looks like doodoo too tall.Or on another car.

I really didn't know it was a Chevy thing until a couple of years ago when my buddy told me. Anyways, I found one (fiberglass hood) this year at Mopars In The Park and I just couldn"t pass it up, so I bought it.

But I don't know why you would want to change the look of your car? Yours is one of my favorites on the web! Your car looks awesome the way it is! Beautiful Duster! Mine just a drag car, and I do need it for hood clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 565
  • i24360.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 576
Cowl hood? On a Mopar? Ya gonna paint SS stripes on it too? That would be different. Not good, very sickening. But definitely different. I would rather see a 64 Ford Thunderbolt style teardrop, a Boss 429 scoop, or a Rebel Machine. Then instead of hearing "nice Nova", you might hear "nice Maverick".

I like the look if its complimented with some fat rear tires for a race look. A giant cowl or hemi scoop looks stupid with little tires.

I really didn't know it was a Chevy thing until a couple of years ago when my buddy told me. Anyways, I found one (fiberglass hood) this year at Mopars In The Park and I just couldn"t pass it up, so I bought it.

But I don't know why you would want to change the look of your car? Yours is one of my favorites on the web! Your car looks awesome the way it is! Beautiful Duster! Mine just a drag car, and I do need it for hood clearance.

ALLEYOOPMGV.:happy2:..thank you very much for the complament on my car....didnt think anyone here really liked the DUSTPAN

What size and backspace are your wheels and tires? What rear and length are you running? Is that caltracs? How do you like them? Sorry for all the questions.

-
Back