Hood scoop or no hood scoop, you tell me!

-
Here is a pic of my 68 valiant with the hemi scoop. Valiantwhood2.jpg

Valiantwhood2.jpg

I agree with Abodyjoe, Redfastback, Dartnut, and Adam, an early 60`s max wedge hood scoop would really compliment the car rather than completely taking it over ,(like the hemi scoop) and would be more in proportion to the car. You could do a poll including the hemi, six pack, shaker, and max wedge scoops and see what gives?

hey both ways look good, though i kinda like the aircleaner look.

the other thought i had looking at your hood in the pictures is what about an e body shaker, i know it would be a little more work.

though what it really comes down to is what you want your car to look like, all you have to do is to please your self

I thought about the E body shaker scoop for a while, but talk about the scoop taking over the car. Have you ever noticed how big one of those things really is? A scaled down one might look good though.

I agree with Abodyjoe, Redfastback, Dartnut, and Adam, an early 60`s max wedge hood scoop would really compliment the car rather than completely taking it over ,(like the hemi scoop) and would be more in proportion to the car. You could do a poll including the hemi, six pack, shaker, and max wedge scoops and see what gives?

I tried to create a poll but it say's I don't have the "authority" or "privledges" to do so. Does someone else "higher-up" have to start it for me? Thanks for all the great comments, I like hearing them!!

I like the '68 scoop myself, on my '65 Valiant we made our own scoop modeling it after a '60's style/'68 HEMI scoop. Good looking Valiant BTW, it is nice to see some early a-body cars showing up out there.
Thanks Brian '65 HEMI Valiant

00230015-02-smlr.jpg

My vote goes for a much smaller, discrete hood scoop. Perhaps something more like the Max Wedge style in keeping with the period. That Hemi scoop seems way too big for the car and doesn't suit it. Whenever I see one of those, I expect the car to be able to do a four foot high wheel stand off the line. That big scoop was kind of unique to the 1968 Hemi Dart and to clone one of those on a 1968 chassis looks very appropriate (providing there's not a 6 banger under the hood) LOL............While I confess I'm a bit of a traditionalist and think that the heavy car mods are best suited to the hot rod dudes, I similarly can't relate for example, to putting 1970 Dart Swinger 340 hood scoops on a 1973 Dart. It just doesn't work.

i think it would look alot better with a scoop... i'm not crazy about that scoop on that body style though....

i'm thinking a 64 or 65 ish scoop.. kinda like this one.. i think it goes better with the body.

113_0411_46z+1964_plymouth_lawman+side_view.jpg

I think that I would try this on the next early A I do.

Scoop it and make it happy!! with one like moparlee's 64 valiant.
dual snorkel !

Please don't put the cowl style hood on it.

No cowl hood, looks too Shivvvy! Thanks for the great feedback, I will have a scoop on it sometime soon! I have 4 I really like, the 68 Hemi, Max Wedge, 67 Hemi b-body style, and the snorkle scoop 73 a-body. now to pick one....:toothy7: Thanks again!!!!

Yes, go with the scoop. I do like moparlee's scoop and it would look sweet on yours. I went with the mini Mopar pro on my 66 Dart

-
Back