hood scoops

-

demoncar71

Reaction score
any body not cut the fresh air holes in their hood? I am thinking about not doing this

WHY NOT ? COOL AIR IS GOOD

This is what I did:

Attachments

• IMG_0025 (Large).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0438 (Large).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 476
  • DSC08914 (Large).jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 445
I am installing dual hood scoops on my 1972 Dodge Dart, but not cutting the fresh air holes. Keeping the dirt out of the engine bay.

there's someone on here that sells the rubber seal kits that helps keep rain water, etc out of the engine bay. do a search, it should come out. I just picked up a set, will be installing a dual snorkel scoop on my 73 duster soon...

just finished mine a little while ago

Attachments

• 100_4574.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 481
  • 100_4572.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 384
  • 100_4569.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 378
  • 100_4566.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 413
First Place Auto Products sells a plastic template to line up peg holes and for the large vent hole. Just pulled out my template today and it looks like a perfect placement locator.

Good luck

My original Demon in '71 had them and the engine bay was filthy in less than a month....Michigan weather $uck$. My current Demon will never have them. I thought about glueing the seals on the hood to look like their functional...:dontknow:

My original Demon in '71 had them and the engine bay was filthy in less than a month....Michigan weather $uck$. My current Demon will never have them. I thought about glueing the seals on the hood to look like their functional...:dontknow:

I had the same thought for installation of the factory scoops on my 70 Dart. I was thinking that I would glue the scoops to bare metal and paint everything to cover it up.

Why don't you want to cut holes in your hood? ? Alternately you could get a glass hood with a scoop couldn't you?

100 degrees drop is 10 hp. My bud told me that when I was a kid.

I had the same thought for installation of the factory scoops on my 70 Dart. I was thinking that I would glue the scoops to bare metal and paint everything to cover it up.

I'd be worried that one of them would come through the windshield at speed?

grant

air nibbler goes a long way hahaha

Attachments

• car stuff 010 (Copy).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 286
  • car stuff 012 (Copy).jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 257
  • car stuff 014 (Copy).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 011 (Copy).JPG
    85 KB · Views: 279
-