hood scoops

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
ive been pricing dual scops for my dart for some while. there is a company called vfn fiberglass that has them for 100.00 a set. i was wondering if anyone has purshased from this company. and how good the quality is. the price seems real cheap. the have dual snorkel for 125.oo the pics look really good

thanks for any info

Are you talking about the dual scoops,one on each side of the hood?

I priced em at year one.Over $300 with bezels!

could you post a link to this company you mentioned?

thats the same company i was wondering about. I want the dual snorkel scoop but 110 dollars? sounds a little to good to be true when you look at the other companys products for $250-350

thats why i was asking i want the twin scoops also. just unsure because they are priced so cheap.

thats why i was asking i want the twin scoops also. just unsure because they are priced so cheap.

Whats thier return policy like?
If thier fugly just send em back..provided theres no problem with that.

Don't know about the scoops, but I bought two fenders from them. All I had to do was drill mounting holes and paint them. The mounting holes for the fenders were dimpled but I was on my own for the chrome side spears. Been on the car ('66 Valiant 4 door daily driver) for 9 months now and no problems yet. Maybe the prices are low because they are real people and not corporate. The owner's wife answers the phone. Good parts, good prices, and good people. Hard to beat that combo, and no, I am not related.... just happy with the product.:thumblef:

found them. I talked to them, they bolt from the bottom, and have bolt holes or something in them. They are about 1/8" thick, not flimsey. and DO have an etching for the bezels

I picked up a snorkel scoop on ebay a oem original for $112.00.

That is one in a million. Can anyone get of photo of the top and the bottom of what they are selling?

You can compare it to factory original.

Craig

I will find some photos of mine and attach them later to compare...

I picked up a snorkel scoop on ebay a oem original for $112.00.

That is one in a million. Can anyone get of photo of the top and the bottom of what they are selling?

You can compare it to factory original.

Craig

I will find some photos of mine and attach them later to compare...

this is just what they show on their website

abodyscoop.jpg

abodyscoop2.jpg

I looked on the site and dont see anything on the scoopes? any help

Theres a link at the bottom of the list in the catalogue,says factory style scoops.I also opened up the page and copied the address for you.

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

The price is quoted as $100 per pair!!!????WTF!Well,not complaining at all just a little shocked.

No attaching hardware or bezels.Still have to source that elsewhere.

What sort of nut/fastener do twin scoops use?

could someone post a pic please?

Theres a link at the bottom of the list in the catalogue,says factory style scoops.I also opened up the page and copied the address for you.

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

The price is quoted as $100 per pair!!!????WTF!Well,not complaining at all just a little shocked.

No attaching hardware or bezels.Still have to source that elsewhere.

What sort of nut/fastener do twin scoops use?

could someone post a pic please?

Like in a previous post. They are bolted from the bottom, So they do not have studs. They say there is a metal flange orsomething you bolt into on the lip. Simular to a clip with threads i imagine. To my knowledge, the orignials had studs that went through the hood, while these bolt from underneth.

Thanks sublime.I guess I could have searched that myself...:)

Nobody has a set of these twin scoops from vfn?

I might have to be the first one then.

They dont have bezels but thats just fine with me.I dont wanna cough up what year one wants for em anyways!

My Dart is gonna be monochrome finish anyways..

Thanks sublime.I guess I could have searched that myself...:)

Nobody has a set of these twin scoops from vfn?

I might have to be the first one then.

They dont have bezels but thats just fine with me.I dont wanna cough up what year one wants for em anyways!

My Dart is gonna be monochrome finish anyways..

yeah, year one wants way too much. Even if these scoops are not concour restoration quality, if they look good and are good quality then im sold on the price

I guess it's supply and demand dictating year ones price.

But like was said,why get em from yo if your not doing a concours resto?

Personally Im gonna do a restification and drive the bag off it.No trailer queens for this guy!So even if those scoops are a bit off the mark as far as stock ones go,I dont care.

Im gonna order those twin scoops.Will post pics when I get them!

So i tried to purchase a set of these scoops and wont let me checkout. anyoen else buyin having probs?

So i tried to purchase a set of these scoops and wont let me checkout. anyoen else buyin having probs?

yeah, you have to contact them personaly so they can make the scoops. they do not keep them in stock like year one. (when i last contacted them they told me it takes a few weeks to make after you order) their contact info is on their site.

-
Back