hood scoops

-
the "mopar 340" scoops have arrived. they are pretty good quality for the money. They have mounting tabs molded in the bottom.
And all the edges are straight and flat. They also are a good thickness.

That color difference on top, (1st pic) is some tape residue from the packaging.

Heres a link to my photobucket with pics:
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/app86/vfn%20scoops/

They look rough around the edges from the picture. Is this the case? It looks like they have gorves in the fiberglass that may show if you painted them like they are or is it just the pics? Did they come with instructions? or any thing stating they must be sanded or preped before painting?

No instructions whatso ever. The edges are straight but do seem a little rough. Maybe a very light sanding would make them perfect. They sent a paper basically saying "all scoops are handmade, and you accept that some work may be needed to be perfect"

So I guess you cant use the factory holes in the hood with those.

Gonna take some figuring to locate them properly.

Thats kinda weird about the mounting holes.Wonder why it was done that way?

yea, well i decided I want the chrome bezels. and these will not work with the, so. My dad is going to lay these on his 77 volare, if he likes them he will use. Otherwise Illl be selling them. And will have to look for decent price on originals. Or...year1

Just A little info on scoops and hope it helps. My long time friend has taken molds from stock scoops. They have the the snorkel and the twin scoops. They fit to original mounting holes, no studs, stainless lock nuts inside product. You can mount the orignial chrome. They come black, white, they will also paint them any color you want. Here is A pick of one. the way it came. I will get you all pics of the bottom soon.
http://www.stormcomm.net/dodgegirl/scoops.JPG
I have a set of twin scoops just have to find the pic. It's A little to early.
I will call them today and get prices. Most of the time they have 2 sets in stock. If they dont it's 2 weeks to your door. We live 3 miles from them an can check on statis anytime. Don

Just A little info on scoops and hope it helps. My long time friend has taken molds from stock scoops. They have the the snorkel and the twin scoops. They fit to original mounting holes, no studs, stainless lock nuts inside product. You can mount the orignial chrome. They come black, white, they will also paint them any color you want. Here is A pick of one. the way it came. I will get you all pics of the bottom soon.
http://www.stormcomm.net/dodgegirl/scoops.JPG
I have a set of twin scoops just have to find the pic. It's A little to early.
I will call them today and get prices. Most of the time they have 2 sets in stock. If they dont it's 2 weeks to your door. We live 3 miles from them an can check on statis anytime. Don

how about a price on the dual snorkel and twin scoops? anywhere with more pics?

Have to say, the VFN's, while not perfect, are pretty good for the price. For $100, I'd kind of expect to have some work ahead of me before painting/mounting. If I only bought parts that bolted right up, I'd be driving a car made of Legos. :snakeman:

-
Back