Hooked a 65 Barracuda

-

shortcake

Reaction score
I have a question, as you can see in my pics, my car doesn't have any mirror's so I am wondering if it came with some or if someone has taken them off? .....I would like to put some on it if anyone has any for sale ......thanks in advance

Welcome to FABO.

Pics are not coming up for me...

the 65 Barracuda did come with a driver's side mirror, pass may have been optional...

1965 Barracuda's had the same options as Valiant. Mirrors were usually part of "Package" options. Deleted items were usually "no cost options". Such as heater delete, radio delete, mirror delete and others. Sometimes they came in "fleet" programs and/or at the end of a certain run of cars to fill out production for the day/week shift. The build sheet can be a great help as can the data plate. Good luck!

My 65 Formula S has no mirrors, I had wondered the same thing. If I add one, which is the proper one?

Howdy neighbor! Did you buy that silver 4 spd car that was on Craiglslist a while back? Looked to be in good shape, if that's it.

No didn't get it on craigslist.....my husband just happen to see it sitting in the woods, it sit there for years before we could find out who the owner was, now that we have it there are a lot of things to do before we can get it to running, do you have any suggestions?.....We are new to the mopar world so don't know much about anything.....lol......any advice would be appreciated.

1965 Barracuda's had the same options as Valiant. Mirrors were usually part of "Package" options. Deleted items were usually "no cost options". Such as heater delete, radio delete, mirror delete and others. Sometimes they came in "fleet" programs and/or at the end of a certain run of cars to fill out production for the day/week shift. The build sheet can be a great help as can the data plate. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice I really do appreciate it a lot...

Regarding outside mirrors on a 65 Barracuda...my research shows:

1. No outside mirror was standard equipment. If an outside mirror was requested /ordered, there were two choices:
Sales code 511 Manuel outside left mirror for $5.05 as seen below
Sales code 512 Remote outside left mirror for $12.00 as seen below

Original and reproductions examples of either can be found on eBay.

Attachments

• twin post mirror.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 323
  • remote mirror.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 324
Y'all should look up Mountain Gateway Mopar Club, and think about joining if you plan on keeping the car a while. There are some very knowledgeable people in that club, and it's based right there in Marion. Jeff Dreibus is the club president, and he and his wife Dawn are some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet. PM me if you want my number, and I'll do what I can to help y'all. :D

Need some advice......Does anyone know where to buy tires I need 195 70R14's .....been searching and didn't have any luck as of yet .....thanks in advance

I haven't forgotten y'all. We got hammered at work with the bad storms we had this week, and I never made it over your way. Randy Fox, at Fox Tire over in Burnsville is a Mopar guy. Long way to go for tires, but just a thought. I'll holler at you next week. :D

Not crazy about the idea of buying tires at Wal Mart, but was browsing the other day and saw they offered numerous sizes of 14 in tires. Also if you are anywhere near ne in Kernersville, NC, their is a nice place in Thomasville called Conrad Tire who has quoted me a price on a set for my car. It was slightly over 300 for a set. The ones at walmart were a cheaper tire about 250 a set. I didn't check wal mart stock, but would think if they are showing a price, they should be able to get them. Second call any tire store in your area and ask.

I just checked the Wally world web site and showed several different brand tires in the size you ask for. Started off around 55 for the cheapest. Showed in stock in Kernersville where I live. I also checked for a larger size such as a 205/70/14. They showed a few of these, but were much more expensive.

Thanks for the advice will surely check in Burnsville which is not to far from us......we haven't got it running yet still cleaning out the rats nest...lol.....

I always buy my tires at Discount Tire as I have a friend who has worked there since high school and also dated the founders daughter! So, if there is a Discount near you, they can surely get you 14" tires, I ordered a set of BFG T/A tires in 205/70/14" as most stores don't stock 14, or even 15" any more!

I have a 727 trans in my car and for some reason or another the speedometer isn't hooked up ...not sure why....there is a tackometer in front of the speedometer so the questions is will the speeddometer work with that trans I have and if so how will it be connected?

May be that the cable is just unhooked! Check both ends, if it is the original cable it should screw right in to the speedometer! May be that the problem is at the trans end because it is a 727, your early cable probably won't screw into the speedometer location! Maybe a message to member "65Dartman" Don, he had a conversion cable up for sale here a couple weeks ago, he may be able to steer you in the right direction!

A cable for a 66 will work and is available almost every where Ebay and can be ordered from parts stores.

Walmart tires are pure garbage....stay away, even the name brands they sell are made of lesser quality and are made specifically for Wally World just so they can sell them cheaper...don't be fooled!!!

-
Back