Hooker,doug's,TTI?

-
I tried ordering them with that promo code and I keep getting a message saying it cannot be applied. I have tried chatting with a customer service person and have sent 2 emails; I have yet to receive an answer that adequately explains why this code cannot be used.

Especially if others are getting this discount.

Maybe they're considering them an oversize item, which the discount does not apply to?

I am also trying to figure out what headers to buy for my 66 Dart, im running a 360 mag. with a Gerst front suspension, rack steering and a Tremec 5 speed, Hydro clutch...I see Dougs makes a set of headers that work with the Alterkation front suspension (D454)....not sure about the Gerst

Maybe they're considering them an oversize item, which the discount does not apply to?

I discovered today that the discount code applies to the ceramic headers. And today the black friday discount is 25%. I think it's BFSAVE25. The code is good until midnight (well. 1 second before midnight) tonight central time. This makes the ceramic coated headers $789 which is 1 more dollar than the black coated headers which they don't discount.

So for me it seemed like an easy choice. Pay $788 for black coated headers or $789 for ceramic coated headers. Shipping is free. The taxes suck, tho

Got my headers,they do look good.

20191130_111440.jpg

I ordered mine directly from Doug's. 15% off for Black Friday. I couldn't get the discount code on Advance to work either. I worked at Advance a few years ago but don't still know any managers.

I am also trying to figure out what headers to buy for my 66 Dart, im running a 360 mag. with a Gerst front suspension, rack steering and a Tremec 5 speed, Hydro clutch...I see Dougs makes a set of headers that work with the Alterkation front suspension (D454)....not sure about the Gerst
Dragnut, if you run TTI headers you will have cut, and modify your Gerst Kmember along with taking a hammer to your $800 headers. That being said, i feel it was worth it, and no structural damage was done. After all that's what hot rodding is all about. As for Dougs I have no idea about there fit.

Dragnut, if you run TTI headers you will have cut, and modify your Gerst Kmember along with taking a hammer to your $800 headers. That being said, i feel it was worth it, and no structural damage was done. After all that's what hot rodding is all about. As for Dougs I have no idea about there fit.
Those TTIs are bent on the driver side to go around the power steering unit and that pipe runs right over where my Hydraulic slave cylinder is for the throwout bearing. Since im running a rack for steering that bend is wasted space...Think im going with the Dougs D454s

Those TTIs are bent on the driver side to go around the power steering unit and that pipe runs right over where my Hydraulic slave cylinder is for the throwout bearing. Since im running a rack for steering that bend is wasted space...Think im going with the Dougs D454s
I would like to Know how how the Dougs Headers fit. Please keep us up to date. If you want to see pics of the mods needed for TTIs go to my restoration page. Good luck on the Dougs

Well i can tell you now that the Dougs do not fit...A $550. lesson...Im going to look at the DD7 Sandersons...they look like they may work for my setup..

Good Morning,
I'm looking for the same solution. 1966 Barracuda 273/904 going out. 1979 360/727 going in. Will race the Barracuda so I need headers but don't want to cut fender wells. Was thinking the Doug's were my solution. What didn't fit? I've even considered modifying some headers I have off of other SB MoPars. Would prefer a cheap solution but suppose that won't happen.
Steve

My 66 Barracuda with 5.9 Magnum and power steering, I had to slightly dent the tubes on either side of the steering coupler. The coupler hit both tubes. The driver's side torsion bar goes through the headers. Getting to the mounting bolts is an exercise in hand/arm yoga!! Other than that the Doug's fit perfectly.

Thank you. Am resigning myself to the Doug's D-450. The Jegs' detail says no on column shift which mine is. Is yours and the solution is a little denting? I have side pipes which previously were matched to long headers on a 1974 Coronet (first car). Not sure if the length will work on a Barracuda. Shorties might be better for me but now thinking pretty with an aluminum Champion 166-CC526 radiator and ceramic headers.

Thank you. Am resigning myself to the Doug's D-450. The Jegs' detail says no on column shift which mine is. Is yours and the solution is a little denting? I have side pipes which previously were matched to long headers on a 1974 Coronet (first car). Not sure if the length will work on a Barracuda. Shorties might be better for me but now thinking pretty with an aluminum Champion 166-CC526 radiator and ceramic headers.

Mine is a floor shift. You may have to go with Shorties.

Here's a picture before I pulled the steering column all the way back to dent the tube on the left. The masking tape on the right is covering the slip joint for the #1 tube. It looks like it's much closer than it is and once the tube is in place the coupler just barely hit it.

IMG_20200216_132205.jpg

Thank you again. You nicely wrapped all that. Why are 64-66 so difficult to buy for? Worse than a … May build some if I can't find shorties.

Thank you again. You nicely wrapped all that. Why are 64-66 so difficult to buy for? Worse than a … May build some if I can't find shorties.

Thanks! They don't have much run time on them and still look good. It's a DEI titanium wrap.

I guess they didn't produce very many early Barracudas and they don't get a lot of love, so not a lot of demand for them. But...that's what makes them great to own!! Always lots of looks and thumbs up while driving them!!!

On another thread someone posted a link to Layson's but they are for manual steering only.

http://www.laysons.com/Catalog.cfm?nCatID=2856&nModelID=3&nModelYear=1966

Thanks again. Now researching 360 exhaust manifolds (hope not but). Hoping to confirm/force the issue next week. Engine out today then bringing Barracuda in to pull its engine and trans.

I have Sanderson dd9 shorty headers on my column shift 66 Barracuda

these were on my 273 and now on the 408. Drivers side required me to remove the steering column for fitmen. From there no problems

Now how'd you find these? I have been looking for years. Just found TTI 636A How much denting to make these fit? I am not good at disassembling the steering column. How'd you connect to the headers? Kit? I have a short run to side pipes. Thanks

Removing the steering column isn't that bad. I did attempt to install the motor/headers with steering column in place, sadly needed less than 1/2" of space. Removed the column and the headers dropped in. No denting
The sanderson headers have the smallest primary tube size at 1 1/2". I believe dougs and tti are 1 5/8" The collectors are 2 1/2"

I also made the decision to change to power steering to manual for the space savings (and other benefits). The jury is out on this decision

1a.JPG

header - manual steering.JPG

-
Back