Hooker Super Comp Dual Hedders Questions

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Can I nudge some of you with these hedders on you cars for 'the skinny' on fitment?? I had purchased these a few years back and up until now I thought everything was all good. Some info was hinted to me there may be fitment woes? I have a 70 Swinger with a slant/904 combo. First question is WILL these hedders fit without alterations to a car with power steering? Are these hedders going to hang low from the underside of the car. Lastly, do they fit with a stock starter. If there is big issues these will be up for sale or will be getting traded for some Clifford Shorties.

Are you sure you want to hear this ?? This is my 3rd '69 Dart /6 project. #'s 1 & 2,no problem with Offy Intake and Hooker headers.#3 totally different story.

1.Offy Intake,Hooker Headers
2.Great deal on Aussie Intake and Headers.Intake fit,Headers fit,but Headers and Intake didn't fit together.#4 & 5 Exhaust had to be cut and rewelded to fit.
3.Had another good deal I couldn't pass up on for the Clifford Headers and the Hyper Pak intake that I've wanted forever.Unfortunately the Hooker headers would require a considerable amount of grinding of the header flange to make them work !!
As it stands right now,I'll be going with the Aussie Headers and Intake that I've already made to fit !! Don't know if others have had fitment issues,but mine sure sucked this time around !!

Thanks 6pak, if I get that right power steering and clearance on the underside wont be a big isssue but the starter clearance will? In addition there is something with the hedders and intake fitment. I think this one may be the difference in thickness on the flange? I did see this when I mocked this all up on a slant on the stand. Looks like the hedder flange is thinner than the flange on the intake. Brfore I coat these heddets I am going to have some spacers welded on them. Hope that will be all that has to be done with that, thanks again!!
Chas.

-
Back