Hooking up MSD e curve

-

71valiant

Make fast, break, repeat.
Reaction score
Ive got the wires ran to the coil, and the ground ran. It says to bypass the ballast resistor....Not sure how to go about that. The car cranks and will not fire. I'm sure its something simple I'm missing but not sure what it is..

Does the two wire harness coming out of the orange ignition box need wired in anywhere? It was unplugged from the old dizzy, now its just sitting there...

looks pretty straight forward..

you have start and run power at the coil? that looks like thats where your problem would be.. other then that its two wires going from the dist tot he coil and one to ground..

Well I bypassed the ballast. I pulled the coil plug wire to check spark. It doesnt spark while i crank it over. BUT, when I shut the car from ON to OFF I get a spark from the coil plug wire. ONLY from ON to OFF. When I go OFF to ON I get no spark...

I have one of these MSD's sitting in a box waiting for my machine shop to build my 408. If you're sure you have everything hooked up correctly, sounds like it is time to call the manufacturer and see if they can help?!?

Just ran a better ground. It started to fire, wanted to turn over. I moved the two wire harness coming out of the orange box........ now I've got the same issue again. Doesn't want to fire.

I was going to say you can't have any other wires from a mopar box hooked to the coil.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Nice you got it figured out.

-
Back