Horn question

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

240 gordy

Reaction score
My 69 340 swinger has 1 horn that looks like it came of a Ford or Chev. The guy I bought it from said he couldn't find the 2 that came on it so he just put something that worked to sell it. I would like to know if the factory ones have a correct number on them for each year or is it anything goes ?

My 69 340 swinger has 1 horn that looks like it came of a Ford or Chev. The guy I bought it from said he couldn't find the 2 that came on it so he just put something that worked to sell it. I would like to know if the factory ones have a correct number on them for each year or is it anything goes ?
Mopar used at least a couple vendors for horns. Prestolite and Sparton come to mind. The brackets are what make them fit your car. You may be able to modify others to fit. They come up for sale here from time to time. Here's a couple I found on E bay for my 70 Swinger. It originally came with 1 horn.

20151030_161044.jpg

Mopar used at least a couple vendors for horns. Prestolite and Sparton come to mind. The brackets are what make them fit your car. You may be able to modify others to fit. They come up for sale here from time to time. Here's a couple I found on E bay for my 70 Swinger. It originally came with 1 horn.

View attachment 1715144511
Thanks for the info..

It is certainly not anything goes on your horns. After looking at quite a few in junkyards, for my 65, I found that the styles vary year by year and - as you probably know, dual horns are different - with a high tone and a low tone and slightly different shape.. You need to research and find each exact horn for your year & model.

I believe early "A" horns are a little smaller in size, also. I have a new to me 66 B-Cuda, that came with no horns, and from all the horns, I had in my stash, they were all to big. I also had to fab up some brackets also.
Just sayin.

Dave

PM sent to OP. Not a parts wanted thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back