Horns

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
Input a want ad out for a horn and someone said they had a hi and lo horn. Do i need both? Mine didn't have anything. 70 dart.

They came with both. One of each

You don't NEED both but they sound better than one. And you very likely do NOT want two of one type, IE two lo's or two hi's. They will likely NOT be exactly the same freq, "audiolize" two singers, one very slightly off tone.

Agreed, Sounds much better with both Hi and Low. That is the way they came.

Dual note horn was a option (or in a package) You will probably need your build sheet to see for sure which horns you are supposed to have. My 70 Swinger only came with one horn. (standard issue) High note I believe. I found the correct high and low and installed them. The wiring is there for both.

20151030_161044.jpg

Thanks, guys. So wired together, with one relay?

Yup, just "Y" off the horn wire to the other. They can be on same side or opposite side of car, wherever. I'm sure there's a 'restore correct' but know not what that is LOL

PlumCrazy,
Yes, looks like you said. Found FABO convo from 2010, w 1970 wiring diagram.
Looks like:
-Dk Green w/ Red tracer wire to each grounded horn.
-Then thru firewall connector "L"
-To the horn relay

Hope it helps

Yes theyre easy to read. Trying to recall where I got them. What year and model you prefer?

Mine came with just one but had the wiring in the loom for both horns. I found a nice one and installed it and it sounds a lot better with both.

-
Back