Horse Power and Torque

-
Marcohotrod not sure I'll measure it up on Monday when I go to work as that it is where I left it after I replaced it. Mopar Tim thanks and I sent you a PM
Kevin

My 68 Barracuda, with a similar combo, just with TTIs and OOTB Eddies, running 10.9SCR went 106@3650pounds. That calculates to about 350 hp. I drove 2.5 hrs to the track with 3.55s, made one run, and drove 2.5 hrs back, on 245/60-14s lol.
So my guess is; if you put long-tubes on that 360, then you'll be at about the same power-level, barring detonation.
The 360 loves that 268* tho, with your cylinder pressure. That combo was my favorite. Ima thinking your torque will be a lot higher than you imagine,barring detonation.
My timing was 28* at 2800, and 32/34 @3400, and with aluminum heads I can run 87E10 on that. Yeah I know I'm leaving power on the table, but it spins new 295s to long past the speed limit so what's the big deal,eh? I loved that combo!
Try to keep her cool.

Last edited:
the 1970-1978? pump had a 1/8" smaller shaft and the aluminum snout had the round circles all around, and can blow. the newer style with the larger shaft and bearings had the aluminum around with half circles. at the tires-270 horses an 310 pounds

Marcohotrod the shaft was 5/8 so who knows why it failed. Also a big thank you to Mopar Tim as he hooked me up with a 7 blade fan, just had to pick it up at his place, which is all of 20 minutes from me. Got to see and hear his 69 GT Dart convertible and it is awesome. Thanks again Tim and I'll touch base with you at the end of next semester when the chassis dyno is back at the college.
AJ/Form S As soon as I get the new radiator in place I'm going to go back into the dist. and slow the advance down a bit more. As of now its all in at 3000 so I'll take your advice and have it all in at 3500. Headers on this car are not an option. So it will be cast iron manifolds and I'll be happy with it LOL. Some one else mentioned carb tuning which I have done. Upped the primaries on this Street Avenger 670 from stock of 65 to 69 and secondary side from 68 to 72. I also upped the pump nozzle from 31 to 35 and it cured the slight stumble it had when pulling away from a stop light.
Kevin

Last edited:
Just for giggles, know this: There is no such thing as horsepower. HP is a mathematical product of a formula from torque and RPM. All you really need for a basic dyno is a device to load the engine and a means to measure that torque, and something to measure shaft speed, IE RPM

You can get a fairly inexpensive accellerometer that will do the math for you and basically have a street dyno at your disposal 24/7.

The one I have is made by GTech.

It also times 1/4 and 1/8 mile runs and tracks speed and RPM for road racing applications.

For the $100 used I spent, it's pretty sweet.

I haven't used it in a while but when I first got it I did a back road 1/8 mile in my 2000 Dakota R/T.

I don't remember the time and speed but I do remember being somewhat shocked at the "HP used" readout.

It was 86 HP.

-
Back