horsepower tv idiots

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
Did it again. Many of you saw the stock 360 build. Well,they took the stock 360 bottom end and added eddie heads,wiand intake,crower cam for 380 h.p and 420 tq.

All this with 8:1 compression. Someone needs to wake these chevy/ford morons up. A budget build could easily include some K.B pistons and for $200 they would have 10:1 and well over 400 h.p.

MORONS.

I guess the whole point is they dont seem to like mopars,so why make them look good?

It is not surprising. I remember they did a Pontiac 400 not to be off the mopar point. They clearly do not have any expertise with mopars or BOP motors.

I think I''ll email the show.Wont be the last time.

They just get pizzed cause we look/sound better on the street and the track than they do

It really comes down to the sponsors of the program. It's nice they try to do a Mopar build but with the company's sponsoring the show selling 25 brand x intakes to the one Mopar one the pressure is on.

I fired them a quick,polite email pointing out the flawed theory behind using stock 8:1 pistons and suggested using KB 107's..

Yeah, the money they spent on the harland sharps could've gone for some pistons. i wonder what the magnum style eddys would have done for it too???

I thought it was pretty funny that they didn't know you have to turn the motor to get oil up to the rockers.

I thought it was pretty funny that they didn't know you have to turn the motor to get oil up to the rockers.

Lol,the first show with a 360 they called the rocker oiling system wierd...but hey it works...lol

They should really pull thier heads out of thier asses. The shaft rocker was way ahead of it's time.Proof is readily available as many manufactureres now use the shaft system.

I couldn't tell, but, I thought they put the open chamber Ede's, 340 step heads, on it which didn't help compression either. they absolutely wasted a ton of cash on a "budget" build going with the HS rockers.

They are not very sharp and that's being kind.

I don't recall which pistons they used in the chevy and ford builds.

I don't know if this was old episode or not, but they did a very commendable job with the 69 Barracuda they built some years ago when Chuck Hanson was still on the show. They even went to the trouble to locate and retrieve a K member from a Mopar salvage yard in Alabama. The original had been hacked up when someone did a small block to big block conversion.

They used a crate engine for that build as I recall.

The show isn't the same without Chuck. He left the show shortly after his son was killed in a car accident. That will take a lot out of anyone and he couldn't keep pace with the demands of the shooting schedule anymore. Joe's okay, but they never really found anyone to take Chuck's place.

I don't know if this was old episode or not, but they did a very commendable job with the 69 Barracuda they built some years ago when Chuck Hanson was still on the show. They even went to the trouble to locate and retrieve a K member from a Mopar salvage yard in Alabama. The original had been hacked up when someone did a small block to big block conversion.

That wasn't the car they mounted the fuel cell backwards?

You could tell the kid was not very excited about working on the 360. He acted pissed the entire episode. I like how he was freaking out because he thought the motor was hurt and come to find out it was just a leaking header. Heck you could build a junk yard motor and make more power. LOL

Lol,the first show with a 360 they called the rocker oiling system wierd...but hey it works...lol

They should really pull thier heads out of thier asses. The shaft rocker was way ahead of it's time.Proof is readily available as many manufactureres now use the shaft system.

LOL, along with a few other things the industry now uses from the MoPar world.
Unibody's, once cursed industry wide.
T-bars, now on big Chevy trucks and Merceads Benz carz and trucks.

LOL, the list just goes on and on and on......

Thanks Randy WM, I always wondered what happened to Chuck.He made the show i don't think i even watched the show after he wasn't on anymore.

did you guys see GEARS last week about the drag truck.He used a 8-3/4 rear with an aluminum center that was cool.

I didn't know Chuck had this happen to him. Me heart goes out to Chuck. No parent should burry there kid.

While I like the Ford guy, he was best as a side kick. I do think Joe is allright though.

They are definitely idiots, most of the stuff they do is just bolt on parts that most of us can't afford and then pat themselves on their back when they're done.

I know Chuck was a big Chevy guy but he was a good host and it made for a good show, I haven't watched it since he left.

I didn't know Chuck had this happen to him. Me heart goes out to Chuck. No parent should burry there kid.

While I like the Ford guy, he was best as a side kick. I do think Joe is allright though.

I have a few friends that had to bury their kid, that's just something that will change a person.

I agree, Joe is a good side kick but not much of a host, I met him about 5-6 years ago and he was a real nice guy. He ended up getting a shot of me while Ronnie Sox was signing a few things for me and it aired on the show.

Hey,377 h.p. ain't bad for them but they could have gotten more by simply advancing the cam and using the air gap...

Just to add some fuel to the fire of this budget build up,lets look at how much of a BUDGET build up this was and what they gained.I did a price check on the parts they added over the stock build up to get there 390HP rating.Now there pulls on the dyno where around the 310-315.They added a different intake,cam,harlan sharp rockers,eddy heads,ingnition system and what ever little parts they needed,so after checking jegs prices,$3000,to gain 80 HP.Now dudes,I don,t know what you guys are smoking,but put that **** away man,and this is bolt on parts.You using the lowest compression pistons that chrysler made,and they sit in the hole some 160-180 thousand in the hole,using posts that are way to big for the motor and the cam,along with the fact the heads don,t ever get to open fully with the small cam they used.The show is a frigin joke,and is fueled by corprate sponsors to push selling parts that most of the time will work ,if they are put together by good people and not assholes how have no clue what a good combo is.This is one of the cases where if you buy all the wrong parts,you land up with junk results,mrmopartech

-
Back