Hose routing???

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of how the 73-up hydraulic brake hoses route to the hardline on the frame rail?? Or can explain it to my dumbass... haha Does the wider flat part go against the caliper??? I've got the calipers towards the front of the car if that matters. Isn't that how they go??

getimage.php

If you don't get an answer, PM me later. I have a 74 paper manual, and can copy some pages.

I might have this backward. its early.
From the factory the caliper was at the 1 o'clock position. When the caliper is placed at 11 o'clock the correct hose is routed through between spindal and shock. This can stretch the hose which can cause failure. There is a hose from a different application that is a little longer. I dont have details for that hose.

I have seen you post several questions about brake conversions. Have you read this article? http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html. This is the unofficial standard of factory brake conversions. Has photos to help along.

I have read that and the hose they use is different than the one I got when I ordered hoses for a 74 Duster (where I got my parts). I just can't remember which way the caliper end of the hose was oriented. Or maybe my hose is the wrong one???

-
Back