Hot Hellcats

-

Old Man Mopar

Righteous Dude
Reaction score
from Automotive News:

Dodge stops taking Hellcat orders to tackle big backlog

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has stopped taking orders for the Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcats so it can work through a lengthy backlog.

Order-taking is expected to resume in August, according to Allpar.com, which reported the news this morning.

“Due to unprecedented demand for the 2015 Dodge Charger and Challenger SRT Hellcats,” the company said in a statement, “we are temporarily restricting orders while we validate current orders that are in the system.”

Demand for the pair of 707-hp cars built in Brampton, Ontario, has wildly exceeded company projections, and their limited availability has frustrated dealers and would-be buyers.

64,000 dollars is a lot of money, but in today's market with 55,000 dollar 1/2 ton pick ups and 70,000 SUV, 64K for the hottest muscle car to come out of the factory isn't that far out, so why didn't they think there would be demand for it

Personally I don't need one, who needs 707 hp in a car that you drive on the streets, plus I never liked the looks of the 71 Challenger and had every year but that, the 2015 Challenger is like the 71 to me, just do not like the look. Have seen many on the streets and think they ruined the front and back of the car. If I could have a newer style challenger would want a White R/T or SRT but not a 2015. The one Bill traded in would have been a good car for me, but it isn't something I need with the wife's health and all the cars we have now.

Yes would love to have that engine in my Dart, but then again I would have been better off leaving the slant 6 in it so I could drive it without the need for 110 octane fuel to make it happy.

There is a lot of people out there with a LOT OF MONEY that just want to say MY D*CK IS BIGGER THAN YOUR D*CK

Hope that chrysler can deliver what has been ordered, but doubt they will ever fill everyone's wants with this one

Guy I know traded his 392 for his Hellcat, his brother still has his 12 sec 392 they had it out this week and Dennis got to drive it and said his SRT 392 seems slow compared to the Hellcat his brother just bought.

I know Bill will have it on the drag strip soon and will have some actual 1/4 mile times for it. The Challenger he traded was 11.8 second car

This doesn't surprise me.
They are in their own way like the Road Runner when it first came out.
The right car at the right time with a gimmick name and relative bang for the buck!

Hellcats are cool but I think I'd opt for a Challenger Scat Pack with a Shaker hood and a 6 speed. More affordable and it'd still be a riot to drive. Although Id really be ok with just about any Challenger. They're all cool in my book.

My brother has one got it christmas eve. white. NO CARS of the muscle cars era will compete with this thing. Drove it, drove 426 charger 1966, drove 340 challenger 1970 buick stage one, 440 runner, not kidding Fast! 1967 440 dart as well. between my brother and I with the exception of the buick, own all the cars I have mentioned.

-
Back