HOT NEWS ABOUT TRICKFLOW HEADS

-

ebodydownunder

Reaction score
Got some great news to share.
Just found out that the 240cc trickflow head cant be opened to max wedge.
However the soon to be released (july) 270cc trickflow can be opened up max wedge.
Hope this helps somebody, as ive been looking for a head to replace my cnc indy ez that lasted less than 1500 miles of street driving before the valves started to leak from valve seat distortion.Has anybody else experianced this?
Drove around with a/f sensor in exhaust so dong go telling me it was lean.
No symptoms at all, stripped engine down to re design and the exhaust vales failed a vac test after a strip and clean. You can actually see light coming into the port even pulling the valve as hard as you can. Dissapointed!!!

Last edited:
And how did you find out they cannot be opened to Max Wedge?

And how did you find out they cannot be opened to Max Wedge?
Hi iq52
I called trickflow.
After reading on this forum that 240cc has heaps of material im thinking your going to say the 240cc can be opened up??
If i was miss informed i would not be surprised, the guy i spoke to was a salesman and put me on hold to find out about the answers to my questions.
Cheers

We are going to have to wait and see what Trick Flow comes out with. The 240 heads can for sure be made to Max Wedge in height. I'm wondering how Trick flow is going to get the Max Wedge width on the 270 head when the information they gave me was the 270 head is going to use the same factory offset rocker arm as the 240 head.

We are going to have to wait and see what Trick Flow comes out with. The 240 heads can for sure be made to Max Wedge in height. I'm wondering how Trick flow is going to get the Max Wedge width on the 270 head when the information they gave me was the 270 head is going to use the same factory offset rocker arm as the 240 head.
Gday
The indy EZ has standard rocker configuration, maybe something on those lines
Cheers

Gday
The indy EZ has standard rocker configuration, maybe something on those lines
Cheers
Is there not enough material to open up the sides??
have not seen the trickflows, i asked to be notified by email on the release of the 270cc heads.
I have a short motor waiting for them ready to go on the latest superflow dyno.
I will flow the heads and share all the info so hopefully i will be one of the first to try them. ( i will be opening them up to MW) I pray the salesman gave me true information.Worse case i will just open the top and bottom as IQ52 said and get another intake as mine is already MW.
Short motor has a 4.150 stroke with diamond -13cc forged pistons sitting .008 down the bore so 10.8.1 with the trickflow 78cc head.
Cam i am using to mellow out the combo is a comp solid roller 236/242 around .600 lift with the 1.6 harland sharps ground on a 112 lobe sep. Indy duel plane and 950 pro systems.Will be trying a 850cfm as well
Car has a/c and p/s so should be a nice street package with decent vacuum.

Last edited:
There is plenty of material to bell mouth the 240 heads to Max Wedge width. They just won't be Max Wedge by the pushrod pinch.

-
Back