Hot Rod Hoarder Mopar Collection

-
A bit dilusional on some of his price estimates but cool collection .

Last edited:
A bit dilusional on some of his price estimates but cool collection .

I agree for now but in 10-15 years he might be right on. Like it was stated in the other thread people are paying a couple grand for rust buckets that usto go for a couple hundred bucks.

That guy is no idiot...he really needs to start selling fast!! He has gotten too attached to the stuff...never let it gain sentimental value....always have a price in your mind...I would love to meet him but making a purchase might be a little difficult ..

Actually many parts excluding the really rare parts for high dollar cars are selling for less now that so much is being reproduced. So unless your car will be judged there is no reason to pay a premium for an original part.

Let me play the devils advocate here, on the other side of the coin, so to speak.
That man has been collecting, hoarding, rat holing, accumulating Mopar parts, for pretty much his whole adult lifetime.
There is no way in hell that what he has collected is ever going to be used, sold off, to be used to keep other old Mopars on the road.
There isn't a very big market in today's world, to sell off what he has.
The muscle car world of owners has aged out, dying off, and modern muscle cars now dominate the marketplace.
And the modern millennial's, don't have any interest, or very little interest in these old cars.
The old car market has changed, wether you like it or not.

I've talked to him at shows a few times over the years, and he is a nice guy. Back when we had a good show at Bristol (Thanks Bobby Rogers:)) , Frank was there every year. He has been to the East TN shows a few times, and also Farmington and Rockingham. He's like most of the rest of us....too gray and long of tooth to have so much stuff sitting around! :eek: :(

I look at it like he saved a lot of parts/ maybe some cars from the crusher, the dump. Or maybe he just kept a lot of other people's hand off cars/parts that could have been restored, saved, enjoyed.
I don't know the guy, but maybe he thinks that is his 401K, or maybe that is just his passion in life, like some like to drank a case of beer a day, maybe a little excessive, but that is his right.
I think the nut doctor calls it excessive compulsive behavior!!???
I think I have a touch of it, 6 old Mopars I can see from here!!!! OK so 2 are FOR SALE!!!!!! Black Fri prices anyone!!!!?????????????????????????/ ha

Sad to say this, but if the cars didn't get scrapped 20, 25+ years ago, i have to say that most likely in the future years, not knowing how many that will be, they will be scrapped.
Just sitting for whatever length of time, till they unfortunately do meet their ultimate fate.
That guy isn't going to live forever, and i bet wife, brothers, relatives, have no interest in his accumulation.

Cool to see, but sad at the same time.
He NEEDS to start big time selling or it will go to scrap when he dies, and we all will die.
The market for these parts shrinks every day, as he said.

Cool to see, but sad at the same time.
He NEEDS to start big time selling or it will go to scrap when he dies, and we all will die.
The market for these parts shrinks every day, as he said.

Tell that to some of those "people" (trying) selling old parts of Feebay!? ha

I love the fact he saved all those cars and am really impressed at how organized he is ! There is a lot of value there in terms of volume .
But I cant figure out if he is selling the stuff or not .... He commented several times about " not for sale " .

I have Mopars friends that will not sell anything!!!!!!!!
LIke the American Pickers when they get to a hoarders place, and the barn, his home everything packed full of "stuff" and the guy tells them NOT FOR SALE on everything they ask about!!!!
Had a bud that his house and garage was packed full I mean FULL of parts, he would price a project or sorta restored car, and always more than anyone would pay. He had played with Mopars all his life. One day he passed, and his nephew was there the next day hauling off everything!!!!!!

He reminds me of a local guy here that had a salvage yard/collection of 165 cars and lots of parts. He would rarely sell anything and if he did he got a premium. Well he died and months later his kids had an auction and things sold pretty cheap. I picked up a decent 69 rambler 2 door sedan for $450 complete car. Minor body work and rebuilt the straight 6 and I'm driving it today.

What a massive collection.
My hat is off to him for saving this stuff, even if it will never be used and it goes for scrap.
It was destined to be crushed/recycled before he got it anyway, so what is the harm?
It's his money and time that he has invested, not anyone else's.
Maybe he looks at it as a source of entertainment and a trip down memory lane........and that's more important to him than the actual monetary value of the cars and parts.
There are some people that buy antique paintings for a million dollars at a pop and nobody thinks they're weird.
It's all about what makes you happy and the satisfaction you get from a collection.
Look at it from his point of view........

I admit I enjoy saving most anything, but I realize it would take the world to old it all. I enjoy cleaning old parts with the idea me or someone will use it some day.
I was raised by older parents that went thru the Great Depression so I bet they had some influence on my thinking!

He has the right to price his cars and parts as he wants to. He also has the right to let them all sit and return to mother earth. And I agree with him. He's saved them from being crushed. For now.

He has the right to price his cars and parts as he wants to. He also has the right to let them all sit and return to mother earth. And I agree with him. He's saved them from being crushed. For now.
Agreed 100%.
For the most part, just like him, this is the way I ended up with the cars and parts that I have now.
The difference between him and I are a few things though.
For one, My collection is maybe 10% of what he has, and secondly, I do believe in scrapping cars and parts that there is absolutely zero interest in.
10 years ago, I didn't feel this way.
I was determined to save everything at all costs and when it ended up costing me time and money for the most obscure stuff to keep around and try to sell even for scrap price to help the Mopar world, it ended up biting me in the *** big time.
Now, I'm more selective on what I keep and try to sell, and a lot of times I end up giving it away or trading for something I can use is a better strategy for me.
Just how many slant 6 rebuildable engine and 904 cores, '81 Cordoba fenders, 318 manifolds, 906 head cores, etc. do you need or people even want?
Shipping kills a lot of it these days as well.
I am big on trading or giving stuff to a good home where it won't be flipped but used on their projects, not selling BTW.........
A lot of people don't understand the motives of us hoarders anyway.

I think the point here is that the video started by showing his business card so people could call and buy stuff . But then he indicated stuff wasnt for sale and if it were for sale the value would be higher than market .
Although I would pay $1000 for that Abody 833 crash box.

Agreed 100%.
For the most part, just like him, this is the way I ended up with the cars and parts that I have now.
The difference between him and I are a few things though.
For one, My collection is maybe 10% of what he has, and secondly, I do believe in scrapping cars and parts that there is absolutely zero interest in.
10 years ago, I didn't feel this way.
I was determined to save everything at all costs and when it ended up costing me time and money for the most obscure stuff to keep around and try to sell even for scrap price to help the Mopar world, it ended up biting me in the *** big time.
Now, I'm more selective on what I keep and try to sell, and a lot of times I end up giving it away or trading for something I can use is a better strategy for me.
Just how many slant 6 rebuildable engine and 904 cores, '81 Cordoba fenders, 318 manifolds, 906 head cores, etc. do you need or people even want?
Shipping kills a lot of it these days as well.
I am big on trading or giving stuff to a good home where it won't be flipped but used on their projects, not selling BTW.........
A lot of people don't understand the motives of us hoarders anyway.

Yup. He's doing nothing the rest of us wouldn't do if we had the money at the time. Obviously that's not a problem for him. He has the money when a deal comes up. From the sounds of it, he's a good wheeler dealer too from the prices he said he paid. Some people are more gifted than others there. I've sure never been good at it.

-
Back