ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
What's everyones favorite hot rod/cruisin' tune? :headbang:

I've gotta few, not nessecarily (sp? had a few tonight! :tard: ) in order:

1. Highway Star (Deep Purple)
2. Hot Rod Lincoln (Commander Coyote)
3. One Piece At a Time (Johnny Cash)
4. Rev On The Redline (Foreiner, sp again?) Awesome street racer tune.
5. Dead Man's Curve (Jan & Dean) Crap, I'm really dating myself!
6. Cool the Engines (Boston) Youv'e gotta hear this if your a rock 'n' roller
7. Red Barchetta (Rush) You Canadians know these guys! Yes, I know, it's an aquired musical taste, but I'm originaly from the cold side of the U.S.
8. Gasoline (Audio Slave)
9. She's A Roller (April Wine) For the younger ones, you might have heard it in the movie Joe Dirt.
10. Midnight Rider (Allman Brothers)
11. Unchained (Van Halen)
12. I Can't Drive 55 (Van Hager!)
13. Bad Motor Scooter (Montrose, another Hager tune!)

What's your favorites? :burnout: Oh yeah, by the way, I didn't drive tonight!

That's a cool list, and I agree, the right music sets it off. The foreigner song is about Lake Avenue, a block from where I sit here typing. I have a buddy who works a Lakeside Competition, and Lou Gram, the lead singer, had his 1965 442 down there this spring getting cut for bigger tires. Last winter he had his '55 shoebox chevy in getting some wiring done. That's about all our city (Rochester, NY) can claim as our conection to the hot rod music scene.
Down at the end of the Ave, where it meets Lake Ontario, they used to do bleach burnouts like you couldn't believe. They redid the whole parking lot, and now you can't cruise straight through (with your parking lights on, if you wanted to race). The parkway (an isolated highway deal) is still there though. we hit 135 MPH in a '98 Ram Air TA back in '99 before my buddy sold it. Stupid governor cut off the fuel pressure, and it wouldn't pull hard anymore. My latest couple of cars have 3.90s or higher, so I mostly go stop light to stop light. heh, heh, heh...

I hate to keep going on, but listen to the lyrics sometime. It's all about sandbagging, until someone puts up a nice purse, then letting in all hang out.

I got more than a few with my mopar being my daily driver lol. Gimme Panera, Metallica, or Slayer and i'll cruise to it....maybe a little faster than normal :D

Well, there's always the quintessential drag racing song from American Graffiti, the instrumental Green Onions. Can't forget that one. And Wilson Pickett's Mustang Sally.

I always have "Endless summer" in my cruisers, but my teenage kids have turned me on to "Kazzer" for cruising
"Radar love" is out of the question for me, as it always results in me getting a speeding ticket. For some reason, that damn song makes my foot hit the floor.

These songs have nothing to do with cars, but here's my shortened list LOL
Anything AC/DC :headbang:
Ted Nugents - Put Up or Shut up
Disturbed - Down with the sickness
Alice in Chains - Man in the box
Hanoi Rocks- Dead, jail or Rock and Roll
Lynyrd Skynyrd (anything) just makes me want to tap my foot LOL
Metallica - (mainly early stuff)
Motley Crue - Kick Start My Heart (makes me want to do massive donuts LOL)
MotorHead - Ace Of Spades
Guns N' Roses - You could be mine (other good songs too)
Sammy Hagar (lots of good songs)
Scorpions (Lots of good songs)

I like the old school! Beach Boys and Jan & Dean,little duece coupe,409, the soundtrack from American Grafitti and ETC.

Bobby

Man I love the list of songs, but one of the best songs (especilly for us MOPAR guys) is
The Little Old Lady From Passadena, Jan & Dean
:headbang:

Meatloaf, "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" (you gotta stop drivin' sometime...)

And anything AC/DC

And most everything everyone else listed!

Us southern guys have to have something a little "southern fried" so for me it's Flirtin' with Disaster by Molly Hatchet or Wild Eyed Southern Boys by 38 Special.

Disposable Heros - Metallica
Accident Scene - MOD
502 - Megadeth
Black Sunshine, Supercharger Heaven & Dragula - White Zombie
The Breeze - Lynrd Skynrd
and a whole lot more early Metallica and Lynrd Skynrd

Trampled Under Foot by Led Zeppelin, has the same metaphorical look at women and cars as Highway Star by Deep Purple does. A lot of these classics are now being picked up by car companies to promote their product. Rock-n-Roll/ Cadillac, and Highway Star is now being used for Lincoln`s Navigator.

1969340dart said:
I like the old school! Beach Boys and Jan & Dean,little duece coupe,409, the soundtrack from American Grafitti and ETC.

Bobby

Old school? How's this for you:

Big Joe Turner, Big Jay McNeely, Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm(waaaay before he even met Tina) Joe Houston, Wynonie Harris, Ruth Brown, Elvis, Jackie Wilson....that's where it alll started right there.

-Alex

Machine Gun-Jimi Hendrix
Sympathy for the Devil-Rolling Stones (it's just a great feel-good cruising at 70 on the highway type tune)
When the Levee Breaks-Led Zeppelin (I can't help but mash the pedal and make a bunch of noise when this song comes on)
Peace Frog-The Doors (another feel-gooder)
The Seed 2.0-The Roots
Ace of Spades-Motorhead
Natives-Victor Wooten
Roadhouse Blues- The Doors (anybody who doesn't sing until their throat bleeds and squeaze the steering wheel until it's for fitted to their hands when the song comes on, must be devoid of testicles)
5 to 1-The Doors
The W.A.S.P-The Doors
L'via L'viaquez-The Mars Volta
Battle Without Honour or Humanity-Tomoyasu Hotei

For nighttime windows down, headlights off, chilled out cruisin' tunes:
The Battle of Evermore-Led Zepplin
Warm Sound-Zero7
Massif-Squarepusher
Riders on the Storm-The Doors
Iambic 9 Poetry-Squarepusher
Home and Dry (ambient mix)-Pet Shop Boys

I love making playlists. It's a good thing I don't have all of this music on one CD, otherwise you'd read about a dead 18 year old and something that resembles a hybrid between a green Duster and a tree.

Only heard it a little while ago big red rocket of love by reverend horton heat.Got a red car with blue tail lights,shiny red seats with the piping in white,leopard skin dash & a louvred hood,she goes ba ba ba ba ba when she's runnin good,
first few lines just won't leave my head

what about "get outta hell in my dodge"? not sure who wrote it but it's a song about life gettin crappy and gettin outta hell in a dodge......great old school song.

'

I Like most of whats been posted - Thought I'd add in one that has a peculiar sense of humor to it.......

Cross town traffic - Jimi Hendrix.

You jump in front of my car when you,
you know all the time
Ninety miles an hour, girl, is the speed I drive
You tell me it's alright, you don't mind a little pain
You say you just want me to take you for a drive

You're just like crosstown traffic
So hard to get through to you
Crosstown traffic
I don't need to run over you
Crosstown traffic
All you do is slow me down