Hotchkis suspension is in.

-

68dodge

Reaction score
My Son finished installing the completed the Hotchkis suspension kit on his 72 Scamp. Also did some up grades, added an 8 3/4 rear, frameties, reinforce the torsion bar area, Wilwood front disc brakes, new brake lines, master cylinder, and up graded the fuel system to an aluminum 3/8 line. Do not have picture of the car with the new wheels. Car sits about 1 1/2"-2" lower. Handle really nice. What a difference from the stock suspension. :thumblef:

Attachments

• susp1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 666
  • susp2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 674
  • susp3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 649
  • susp4.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 639
  • susp5.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 649
  • susp6.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 647
  • susp7.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 634
looks good! nice job. I would love to own the or try out the complete hotchkiss system!

Very cool! I am in the process of adding some new Hotchkis parts to my 67 barracuda myself. I am doin their 1.03 torsion bars, leaf springs, front and rear sway bars and bilstein shocks. Should be alot better than the old stuff. Keep us posted on how you like it. I will once I get done with mine. Cant wait to get it out on the pavement. Cheers!

Well isnt this a timely thread? I am going to order the entire hotchkis set up for my 71 Duster next week. Just sold my Harley it is time to get the car on the road! So how does the car ride? did you use the RCD shocks and Hotchkis t-bars also? I can make assumptions about ride quality having the Hotchkis name on it, I wanna know how it rides? Can you compare it to some modern vehicle? My car will be a daily driver during the summer. Thanks. Dan

I'm curious about the Hotchkiss front swaybar. Does it connect to your stock sway bar tabs on your lower control arms, or do you have to use a tab that bolts onto the shock bolt or something ?

I'm curious about the Hotchkiss front swaybar. Does it connect to your stock sway bar tabs on your lower control arms, or do you have to use a tab that bolts onto the shock bolt or something ?

The kit come with new mounts for the lower control arms and the K-frame, that you have to weld in. Not sure if it will fit the stock mounts. Use the Hotchkis torsion bars. The ride is stiffer than stock, but handle excellent. My son took me for a ride and it hugs the road like the new Challengers.

The kit come with new mounts for the lower control arms and the K-frame, that you have to weld in. Not sure if it will fit the stock mounts. Use the Hotchkis torsion bars. The ride is stiffer than stock, but handle excellent. My son took me for a ride and it hugs the road like the new Challengers.

That's if you have the 67-72 K-member.

If you have a 73-76 K-member AND you have stock sway bar tabbed LCA's, the Hotchkis sway bar will bolt in without adding/changing tabs.

I have a 73-76 K-member with stock sway bar tabbed LCA's and everything fits fine.

That's if you have the 67-72 K-member.

If you have a 73-76 K-member AND you have stock sway bar tabbed LCA's, the Hotchkis sway bar will bolt in without adding/changing tabs.

I have a 73-76 K-member with stock sway bar tabbed LCA's and everything fits fine.

So I have the stock 69 LCA's with the sway bar tabs. The front Hotchkis bar won't line up?

UGHHHHHH, you mean I have to weld on to my freshly powdercoated Kframe! My lower control arms, I get but my kframe? There goes $100!

UGHHHHHH, you mean I have to weld on to my freshly powdercoated Kframe! My lower control arms, I get but my kframe? There goes $100!

No, just the Lower control arms.

The sway bar are moved in so you can run your disk brake conversions with the caliper up front IF you like. And you will be able to run high backspace front rims IF you like.

My K frame brackets were weld on for my 72. Didnt bother me a bit lol!

Sorry, I was wrong.

I think they could have gave you material to run a thru bolt to attach to the K-member flanges. And gave you a choice to weld or bolt in.

67-72_dodge_a-body_front_sport_sway_barproducts581promo_pic.jpg

These are bolt in

Attachments

• suswbrkt.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 291
-
Back