Hotchkis TVS

-

Saetun

Sinister Swinger
Reaction score
I'm getting to the point now where I'm planning where I want my suspension to be & that seems to be the Hotchkis TVS kit. What I'm wondering is if anyone has put together this setup by piecing together different options. What I mean is, I know the kit is "tuned" to provide the desired combination, but after dong some homework I'm wondering if it can be put together for significantly less while still retaining the desired combo result.

By using Badart's (Dillinger) BBJ Upper adjustable Control Arms, Strut Rods & Steering Linkage. PST's Tubular Front & Rear Sway Bar set up (albeit theirs is 1.125 & 3/4 respectively VS Hotchkis 1.250 x 1.00) and use Hotchkis Geometry Corrected Leafs. This combo comes in about $700 under where Summit offers the TVS for my '73 Swinger.

Anyone go this route or can debate pro's & cons with me? I'd like to make an educated decision & am not averse to spending the money but am always one to want to be pennywise where I can.

~Jeff

You'd be the first I'd know of. I know autoxcuda has the complete TVS system on his car and loves it. Might wanna get in touch with him.

I'm getting to the point now where I'm planning where I want my suspension to be & that seems to be the Hotchkis TVS kit. What I'm wondering is if anyone has put together this setup by piecing together different options. What I mean is, I know the kit is "tuned" to provide the desired combination, but after dong some homework I'm wondering if it can be put together for significantly less while still retaining the desired combo result.

By using Badart's (Dillinger) BBJ Upper adjustable Control Arms, Strut Rods & Steering Linkage. PST's Tubular Front & Rear Sway Bar set up (albeit theirs is 1.125 & 3/4 respectively VS Hotchkis 1.250 x 1.00) and use Hotchkis Geometry Corrected Leafs. This combo comes in about $700 under where Summit offers the TVS for my '73 Swinger.

Anyone go this route or can debate pro's & cons with me? I'd like to make an educated decision & am not averse to spending the money but am always one to want to be pennywise where I can.

~Jeff

I have the complete TVS combination with a 73-76 style front end like you have.

I think you might be leaving out the RCD Bilstein shocks that are part of the Hotchkis TVS system.

Is the PST rear sway car 3 way adjustable and have dog bone links in it?

The Hotchkis front sway bar is really nicely made unit. Now others will work, it's just how important the little details are to you. It is straight and provides a little more stiffness than a bent one. The Hotchkis K-frame to sway bar mounts are channel with aluminum plate and shim kit and have with sturdy brackets with greasable fittings. The sway bar end link holes are punched cupped to hold the bushings. Little things, but some of the differences. Choose whatever you feel comfortable with and fits the value you want.

The stuff you have listed will get the job done.

Attachments

• Hotchkis11_22_10TVSBuildSm08.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 281
  • Hotchkis11_22_10TVSBuildSm12.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 302
  • Hotchkis11_22_10TVSBuildSm25.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 270
  • Hotchkis11_22_10TVSBuildSm20.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 298
  • Hotchkis7_28_10TVSbuildSm33.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 272
  • Hotchkis7_28_10TVSbuildSm32.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 283
Piecing my own kit together (consists of PST, RMS, Hellwig, etc components) WAS NOT cheaper than the TVS. I never had the upfront lump sum though, but if you do, go for it.

Autoxcuda. I appreciate the feedback and really want a car that begs me to drive it. I may never compete, but then again, i may. Any chance you ever have your car At Any San Fran Bay Area Events That I Might Catch You At?

Autoxcuda. I appreciate the feedback and really want a car that begs me to drive it. I may never compete, but then again, i may. Any chance you ever have your car At Any San Fran Bay Area Events That I Might Catch You At?

No not that far up. But I will be at Willow Springs Raceway on March 9, 2013 for Spring Fling Speed Festival. Nothing competitive, just having fun on the track with other Mopars!

You can drive it in the pits or during the lunchtime parade laps on the track (60 mph limit).

Willow Springs:

[ame]http://youtu.be/vTT--mGlpTY[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/je5oeamQ_uw[/ame]

-
Back