• Yep

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • They have there own sofa

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
-
Oh and i forgot he had the run of the car when he was riding with me lol we would pull over some times so he could bark at cows lol One X GF tryed to make him ride in back . I put a stop to that really fast he had to ride by me never got in the way of my driving tho . if it was a long trip he would put his head on my leg and go to sleep intell the car stoped then he wanted to see where we was at lol . He loved burn outs too . I would say hang on and he would pop up and stick his head out the window and sniff

We have 3 dogs and only Queenie is allowed in the chairs & on the bed. They have a crate that the one Coonhound spends some time in. There is also 2 dog beds covered with blankets and a small kids bed with a mattress, blanket and pillow. The Coonhound that likes the crate will often be on the kids bed, the other one will not go near the crate or bed. Ernie was pretty set in her ways about the furniture. When we were in AZ we had this ugly *** sofa. We got home from work one night and Max, the cattle dog that we had to put to sleep a while back, was sound asleep on it. He was on his back with his head on the pillows. She laid into him in Spanish, he just sort of roller his eyes, rolled over and went back to sleep. It was not long after that the Queenie tore that sofa to shreds....

Dogs are part of the family and in my home they are treated as such,my catahoola is allowed on any furniture and she sleeps in our bed. I adopted her at 3 months old, she contracted addisons disease at about a year old, she gets DOCP shots every 7 weeks to keep everything in check [to keep her alive] she is my wife and my best friend she's 9 now and we know sooner or later she'll be gone but till then we'll spoil her!!!
Can you post some pictures of your Catahoola? Ernie has talked about wanting one for a while now. There is someone here in Eastern Washington that breeds them....

our pit lays at the end of our bed, on his own blanket. he has a spot at the end of our couch.

My old dogs had unlimited access to everything. They were white shepherds, big beautiful monsters. Since they've passed we now have a pair of goldens. We have leather furniture so they can do as they please. We just wipe up. Of course we can never wear black.lol. They are our family

Absolutely 100% not allowed on any furniture. They have multiple beds that they can use. A few months ago, I came home to find them sharing one of the beds. Cute as hell!

Attachments

• sharing dog bed (Medium).JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 95
After getting my warning letter from the police dept for not having my dog registered and being treated inhumanely. I've got her shots up to date and went to reg her. When I got all done the officer says to me "do you have any questions about the letter I sent you" I said well she's a husky and loves the outdoors. She says I know I had one when I was growing up. She explained that there is a law against keeping a dog on a run/chain for 24 hrs and that they need to have access to food water and shelter. So I told her that the dog is never out for that long, she asked If the dog sleeps outside, I told her during the day but at night she sleeps on my bed. She said I doubt your husky will use a dog house but you need to have something resembling one in case she wants out of the elements, and if you want to leave your dog out we reccomend a kennel. So I'm thinking to myself ya it's ok to leave her in a 10x12 kennel but not to let her have 50' of run. So I'll have to make some kind of half a$$ dog house. Well I guess it'll be a good place to put her food and water.

Attachments

• littlesky.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 90
That's ridiculous Plum, sorry to hear of your woes. I suppose I can understand the law in regards to most breeds, but Huskies are another matter. That's the problem with laws, there is no flexibility built in and the cops have discretion but almost never use it.

My Rhodesian Ridgeback has the run of the house but chooses to spend most of his time on a beach towel that covers one end of the living room couch. He won't get up on the couch unless the towel is there. At night he sleeps on his own "dog bed" beside our bed. Of course I have to wake him up when he's asleep on the couch to tell him it's time for bed.
Oh yeah, the beach towel also covers a hole that the Husky we had dug in the cushion on the couch - going to replace the couch soon.

We have no dog ordinances here. We also have a lot of very low income folks. One of the neighbors has had the sheriffs called on them several times for neglect. Woman down the road has 8 or so small poop shooters. No fence, no run nada. I do not drive out that way because the herd of them will charge any & all vehicles. Only a matter of time before one of them gets hit. Speaking of which, that is where her boyfriend gets there food, picks up road kill. You ask me people like her should not have pups. Spoke to a fellow down the road about it, he told me he has called the sheriff about them. He was told that there is not much they can really do about it.
Have another neighbor that has 3 dogs. Jim works for a week and then he is home for a week. Comes home a couple times a week to check on them. They stay in the heated little cabin which he keeps at 68* for them. Have several 5 gallon auto water bowls, and various food containers. His dogs have never been leased. When he comes home he gets out his atv to burn off there energy. Pretty funny to see him going down the road at 20 mph with the 3 dogs around him.....

-
Back