How about a 'Poly 318' page for us diehards lol

-

polyjohn

Reaction score
hello Mopar Folks,

I suppose it strange that a overseas Moparman would ask for a Poly page?
But I love all Mopar engines especially the Poly!
As the small -block era begins in earnest (no one can afford big blocks now) the Poly will come back into fashion again?
Anyways just a small page for like minded Poly folks would be wonderful...

No I don't use 'social media' just Mopar sites, just in case you thought I should lol:thumbsup:

318Poly groups.io Group
Here's a discussion group. The interest is there. A majority of the members are die hard poly folks so I wouldn't worry about it being social media and not a website.

hello Mopar Folks,

I suppose it strange that a overseas Moparman would ask for a Poly page?
But I love all Mopar engines especially the Poly!
As the small -block era begins in earnest (no one can afford big blocks now) the Poly will come back into fashion again?
Anyways just a small page for like minded Poly folks would be wonderful...

No I don't use 'social media' just Mopar sites, just in case you thought I should lol:thumbsup:
Probably because A bodies never used Polys. B body's used them though and FBBO doesn't have a separate forum.

OOPS, my mistake as it was a 318 I forgot the A-bods never got them, how sad for you guys!

600hp smallblock with original iron heads what a CRACKER!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you look carefully at my avatar car, its a DART!
8.30 @ 175 with a 400 stroker motor.
Beat that lol:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Over to fbbo and see what they say about Poly's and Dart's there?:mob:

Hinkles 426 poly (1).jpg

OOPS, my mistake as it was a 318 I forgot the A-bods never got them, how sad for you guys!

600hp smallblock with original iron heads what a CRACKER!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Over to fbbo and see what they say about Poly's and Dart's there?:mob:

View attachment 1716162516
There are a lot of Poly Fans here, I'm one, I think the discussion here in the SB Forum is sufficient...it is always welcome so a dedicated home isn't needed IMO.

I don’t see that lack of a Poly in an A body as an issue or a bad thing. It was what is was and it is what it is.
Where are you located?
600hp smallblock with original iron heads what a CRACKER!!!
Nice strip times. Impressive.
Over to fbbo and see what they say about Poly's and Dart's there?

I do believe you’ll find a warm welcome over there.

There are a lot of Poly Fans here, I'm one, I think the discussion here in the SB Forum is sufficient...it is always welcome so a dedicated home isn't needed IMO.
I’ll second that. They are an excellent engine. Always talked about warmly when they’re brought up.

Probably because A bodies never used Polys. B body's used them though and FBBO doesn't have a separate forum.
I've always thought that was a shame they never crammed them in the early A cars. All it would have taken was a redesign of the engine bay, which they DID for the small block in 64. That wouldda been cool. That said, they were cool enough with the little Commando engines.

Nice replies Guys!

The Dart is/was a UK built car with a 547ci (400 low deck engine) with B1 heads.
Bruno lenco and fully street legal.
It ran in a street class, DOT tyres (pump gas) back in the 90's and ran 8.30 @ 175!

Those were the days indeed.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Over to FBBO and see how the lardy cars are doing with their boat anchor Poly's lol.:mob:

I'm a fan. Occasionally someone posts some exotic intake that fuels the allure of it's notoriety.

Probably more people running LS A Body now days then Poly's. I don't see the need for a separate section, I doubt it would get much traffic, this forum is pretty open for non A Body stuff, if someone is doing a poly the sbm thread can handle it, if there ever is a good thread about poly could possibly make it a sticky. Or could make a odd ball engine section.

Will a Poly even FIT in an early A with stock manifolds? I know the engine will bolt in with no exhaust, but will it fit with manifolds? I think that's the whole argument against a separate forum. It's not just that they never came in A bodies, it's that it's a swap that's pretty foreign to them. ......and I agree, the Generation 3 Hemi is just as foreign.

Outside of the "wow" factor, why install one, even if possible?

Not ripping on it, but it doesn't have very many positives going for it. Gen 3 hemi's and magnums can be justified.

Outside of the "wow" factor, why install one, even if possible?

Not ripping on it, but it doesn't have very many positives going for it. Gen 3 hemi's and magnums can be justified.
I guess it's like slant 6 guys. You run what you want, whether other people like or understand it.

That is a nice looking set up. We did have the Lo23 Hemi Dart A Body and the Bo 29 Hemi Barracuda A Body. They went down the assembly line in Michigan of course engine and goodies were done at Hurst. So what difference does it really make for these forums. It's not "for factory stock 100% original A bodies only." I think it's great that guys are doing something with the old poly's and "nestling" them in an A Body. They were the precursors to our beloved small block V-8. And who can't love the fact Mopar built and Hurst beat the crap out of an A Body Dart and Barracuda to make superstock Elephant powered A bodies in 1968.They are all MOPOWERED! However... the G.M. intake and Ford Headers may have to go!!! LOL Have A great day FABO!

Last edited:
-
Back