How about a slot for us orphans on the forum?

-

lancer770

Reaction score
This is an excellent site for technical discussions and preformance oriented A-Boy owners. How about the poor slobs like me who have on of the red-headed-step children of the A body world. I've got a toad. One of those ugly little early Vals or Lancers that got this car line started. How about a spot for us here. Maybe you could call it Toad Terrace, or Lancer Lounge, or to borrow from a childrens book, Toad Hall. There are some of us who are looking for help in just keeping the old girls running and on the road for the sheer fun of the car. We don't need to turn 12s or 13s in the 1/4mile or win Best in show we just want to have someone see our ride and come and ask What the h--- is that thing? What do you think; Is there room for a slot like that on this forum? :wav:

lancer770 said:
we just want to have someone see our ride and come and ask What the h--- is that thing?

I get that all the time in my Barracuda. Got it called a GTO, a Ford, a Corvair, among other things...

Toads are way cool.I took my drivers test in a 62 lancer 2 dr.hdtp.I'd love to find one like it today.

I don't know if you have seen the latest Hot Chev---I mean Hot Rod magazine, but mopar was pretty well represented in thier little drive/race shootout by a '62 Valiant with a slant six. I have a friend that just bought one for $500 and I will be helping him fix it up.

At first I thought I hit on something really good , an A body only site.As the weeks have gone by I've come to the realization that this is a site dedicated to performance oriented hot rod builders .Not that there's anything wrong with that, but,it's not what you and I are looking for. I get the impression you are looking for a site more oriented to restoring or just plain maintaining the older A bodies. I am as well ,so,I guess the search must continue. There seems to be very little intrest in anything stock here.

valiantwagonguy said:
At first I thought I hit on something really good , an A body only site.As the weeks have gone by I've come to the realization that this is a site dedicated to performance oriented hot rod builders .Not that there's anything wrong with that, but,it's not what you and I are looking for. I get the impression you are looking for a site more oriented to restoring or just plain maintaining the older A bodies. I am as well ,so,I guess the search must continue. There seems to be very little intrest in anything stock here.
you know i don't necessarly agree with this.........i 'll tell you why. i think that there i alot of performance oreinted threads on here that is true, but there could be alot more restoration threads on here too. problem is not many are started! on the classic truck board that i'm a member of, people will always ask questions about different things,and post pics of how it started out then show their work through till the end. these type of threads are very helpful and informative. yes, these can be performance oriented too! bottom line is if you want to hear, or talk about something daily driver wise, or restoration wise then ask. odds are you will hear something from somebody on it. the lancer and valient step child thing is mearly a lable. if you have fun with it that is all that counts! it is a mopar and that is all that counts in my book.............just my .02 cents :)

There really is a lot of original restoration info to be garnered here. Just ask. I love the old Toads, they started the whole downsized Mopar line. I say welcome!

-
Back