How accurate does a torque wrench have to be?

-
So a beam type torque wrench would be good to ensure that the torque settings are accurate when building my motor? It's on a stand so I can easily see the dial.what type do people usually do to assemble a motor?

I guess I am probably just being overly cautious because I really don't want to have to pull this motor apart again...

No, don't pull it... (the motor... LOL!)

If you used the clicker type, it will be ok, no need to pull the engine...

If you want to be as accurate as possible, then use a beam style wrench when assembling.

If you use a clicker style it should be ok, especially if you always "use maximum allowable torquage" as stated in the video that I posted earlier....

No, don't pull it... (the motor... LOL!)

If you used the clicker type, it will be ok, no need to pull the engine...

If you want to be as accurate as possible, then use a beam style wrench when assembling.

If you use a clicker style it should be ok, especially if you always "use maximum allowable torquage" as stated in the video that I posted earlier....

I'm not pulling it because of this, that would be crazy to do lol.

I will probably pick up a beam wrench anyways as they are pretty cheap and would be handy to have one for other uses, I think I will use it to verify the torque.

I'm not pulling it because of this, that would be crazy to do lol.

I will probably pick up a beam wrench anyways as they are pretty cheap and would be handy to have one for other uses, I think I will use it to verify the torque.

Good idea.

It's good to have a trusty old beam wrench around. :glasses7:

Dead nuts, balls-on, accurate.... :D

-
Back