How bad is the USPS?

-
With USPS more than once I has a package go on a national tour. One ping-ponged between the nearby distribution center and the senders distribution center made 7 trips cross country before being delivered. The others went cross country, made to the local distribution center then spent 2 weeks crossing the country through unrelated distribution centers. Its comical to watch.

Alan

For USPS claims, either party can file a claim for damage but it's usually the receiver that files since they have the damaged part and the part and the packaging must be presented for a claim.

Only the shipper can file a claim if the item disappears.

True either can file the claim, however, they MUST have the original shipping receipt (bill of lading). Recipient isn't going to have that except under strange circumstances. Lost or damage doesn't matter with USPS, either end can file.

I used to ship almost exclusively with USPS until they screwed the pooch and stuck a fraudulent charge into my account. They say it was an error and can't remove it. I have to pay it and wait for a refund. F that... I'm not floating them a free loan because they screwed up. I use fedex small one rate boxes now for US shipping.

There is no lower scum in the car hobby then people who do this. Even people who misrepresent parts are better than this douche bag.
I had another guy do this with a Solex carb from an early Volvo.

Got this in a box of parts...didnt know a thing about it.

I listed it on ebay for somthing like $10.00 then got PM about its real value. Relisted it for BIN @ $100.00.

British buyer bought it via PayPay. I shipped it and he filed a claim that it was incomplete. This guy did the same thing....stripped it clean. Paypal gave him a refund.

Bastards.

I had another guy do this with a Solex carb from an early Volvo.

Got this in a box of parts...didnt know a thing about it.

I listed it on ebay for somthing like $10.00 then got PM about its real value. Relisted it for BIN @ $100.00.

British buyer bought it via PayPay. I shipped it and he filed a claim that it was incomplete. This guy did the same thing....stripped it clean. Paypal gave him a refund.

Bastards.

And all of this kind of crap is exactly why I've stopped selling on here and everywhere else.......EXCEPT for the VERY few people on here that I know and respect and I KNOW they will treat me the same as I treat them. Anybody else can take a long walk off a short pier.

I love USPS except they never pay up when something is damaged or lost with insurance.

I wish they would get rid of the BOZO that is heading them now, he has been nothing but bad news since he took the job and now wants to raise rates while cutting service.

-
Back