How can I drop my 60ft.

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I,m running stroked 340(372)dynoed 452hp440ftlbs@5700rpm 4speed,centerforce dual friction clutch,8 3/4 with4.10 with 26.5x10M/T slicks,slide-a-link and adj.pinnion snubber.Todays best run was RT.201 60ft1.81 [email protected]. I launched at 2500rpm so not to harm all the new goodies I just installed.Am i being to gentle?? Oh ya 90/10 race shocks front and back.Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks.:read2:

Sounds like a potent setup.
Is the frame tied?
If the pinion angle and rearend are set up right
probably wouldn't use the snubber with the link.
I'd keep upping the launch rpm until your 60 ft times
start to drop do to tire slippage.
Hard to spin a 10 in slick with a well setup suspenion.
What are your trap rpms and shift rpms?

A good 60 ft time and not harming new parts
probably shouldn't be in the same sentence. :cheers::cheers:

u can drop 2 pounds for a faster car. get a fiberglass front end.. a fiber glass bumper would probly get you down to 12.70s or so. that and a fiberglass hood would probly get you to a 12.6 or better. but for a full bodied all steel car thats DAMN good.

I.m think,n just take bumper OFF,sway bar and linkage OFF,5star alummy,s a couple adjust. and back at it.This was my first runs in a while.I,ll get er, down.

Not yet,but there,s a few things I could do to lighten her up.Bumpers,sway bar,rims,battery,rad,alt,p.steering,pass. and back seat YAAA.Whats that a couple hundred pounds right there=2-3 tenths??

Like I said everything is brand new.Next time out I,ll give it more.On sat. all the big boys were there,didn,t want to break anything and hold up the show.

Not yet,but there,s a few things I could do to lighten her up.Bumpers,sway bar,rims,battery,rad,alt,p.steering,pass. and back seat YAAA.Whats that a couple hundred pounds right there=2-3 tenths??

A good rule of thumb is 100lb is worth a tenth in the 1/4. Sounds like good things to get rid of to me.

I took off my horns,radio,heater,and sway bar. I even gutted my ashe tray. I run hood pins so I took off my hood latch too. Every little bit add's up.

I would start simple:
Unload everything at the track, tools, jacks, etc.

I would unhook sway bar to allow more front end lift, run with a fuller tank of fuel as ballast, and leave a little harder, higher to find where the traction limit is. I understand you taking it easy on the first few passes, but there is room to grow, I would think you could trim .1 to .2 off the 60 foot, and with an improved reaction time you could trim between .2 and .4 off your exisiting time with the above modifications, putting you 12.6 range?

I,m gonna try unhooking sway bar,a little more gas and about 4000rpm launch.Also haveM/T 275/50/15 on alum. rims.If I can dial in 12.50 I,ll be happy,at12.00 I,ll need a roll bar,don,t want that yet.Hmmm.next year 5 star weld wheels 30 inch tires.

Ah, do it the simple way............. borrow a car from John Force, I hear his 60 ft. times are a touch lower.

You are smart for attacking the launch slowly, keep up the good work and have fun.

Thanks for all the advise guys,I,m just gonna keep plugging away.I,ll post new vids. next week.:read2:

If you are running solid lifters open up the lash a hundreth or two from what is recommended. It will cost you a small amount of top end power but it will improve your 60ft time.

hi, the pinion snubber/ slidalink are binding against each other. what rear springs do you have? rear shocks?? unhook front away bar. how much clutch do you have??pressure?? the centerforce are way to hard hitting, cause's wheel spin, if it hook.s, you'll be breaking rear ends. the clutch pressure is critical for a good launch, without spinng the tires. I race a 340 duster with a 4 spd, and a mcloed soft loc clutch. my launch rpm is 4400 on the mat , wide open throttle against a 2 step, 60 ' is 1.54 -1.56.

I,ll try backing off p.snubber.It,s a brand new centerforce dual friction,the shocks are 90/10.Brand new 4.10 gears and axels.I,m gonna back off sway bar.What do you mean by two step?How much HP are you running,Tires?What,s your gear and set up??You have got my attention here with that impressive 60ft.I,m gonna guess 550 horse.Video is in racers forum under Ran it yesterday.Check it out it was 1 of the 2 runs I did on Saturday.Keep in mind everything in drivetrain is brand new.And I,m a rookie to the dragracing and I,m already Hooked!!:cheers:

-
Back