how did we get to this????????

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
how is it ok to go to a doctors app. in your damn pj?????????????? what the hell have the world came to??????? i had a app. thur. at the doctor and while i was there a lady comes in with her kids, and in pj at 8.30 in the morning ...what the hell is wrong with this kids today..if a man try to talk to them or come on to them they feel unsafe well put some damn cloths on stupid.....the damn kids of today want to be friends with there children instead of the damn parent....i have told my son before i am your daddy first and your friend last...i may be the only one but this kinda stuff gets on my last nerve.....sorry rant over mike :wack:

You should see the attire of the young travelers today. Truck stops all over the country are being treated to people who believe it's cool to go to restaurants in their PJ. To them it's something "cool", to the people looking at them is just stupid.

Over Thanksgiving I was staying in a rather nice Hotel in the NY City area. One morning at breakfast a guy and his wife (late 30's or early 40"s is my best guess) decided that it was proper for them to come to the dining room in their PJ's. Please understand that neither of these people were pleasurable to look at! The wife, at least wore a robe. The husband didn't. PJ pants and a with tank top. Uncombed hair, unshaven, and generally looking like it got out of bed and walked into the dining room.

When they were waiting to be seated they were told that they weren't properly dressed for the dining room. They could either use the casual dining area where there was a buffet being served or they could order off the menu there, too, or the hotel would arrange room service at no charge.
Instead of agreeing, they decided that they were going to argue, and create a scene.
As I stated this is a rather upscale hotel, so Three well dressed gentlemen appeared to take care of the situation. There was no compromising. All the yelling and cursing wasn't going to get them a seat in the formal dining area while improperly dressed.
It's a simple decision you make as a customer: Do I wish to eat in the formal dining area, or the informal dining area, or in my room?

I was glad to see that the hotel did not succumb to political correctness, and stood it's ground. I later heard that the hotel refunded all of their money for the room, found them a room at another hotel, and three large, well dress men helped them pack and move to the other hotel.

You can be as anti-social as you wish, as long as you understand that some places have rules, and if you wish to be in those places, you need to follow those rules. If you decide not to, that's is completely your decision and your prerogative. However, the establishment also has it prerogatives, and you are the one forcing their hand.

The "rules are made to be broken" crowd is cool in movies, but doesn't serve anyone (including the idiot rule breaker) well. In real life there are ways of handling things. In a vast majority of cases, forcing your way onto to others, especially on their turf, does not bode well for you, or those of your party or group who you're trying to impress with your stupidity.

If you don't like following rules, don't go to places that have them, and aren't afraid to enforce them.

yes i see and its just lazy both parents and the kids pjs in public what a load of ****

This is pretty funny someone else notices it too... I tell my wife all the time.. since when is it ok to go to Walgreens at WHATEVER time in your damn pj pants and slippers? Seriously? And it's not even like the kids I see do this are "poor" or don't have a choice... they look like fairly well off kids!

they probably go back home and jump right back in bed, after subjecting us to their germ infested bedwear walking around walgreens, coughing and spitting up the flu, and wiping bugars all over the counters and getting people sick

About ten years ago I decided to go back to school to get my degree. Imagine my suprise when a 20 something in his pjs walks into class. What an idiot.

I got one - they were probably in the Adult Ed classes, but at the college I work at, I've seen girls in their jammies there!!! I think they may have cracked down on it because I haven't seen any in the last year or so.

It's not just the 20 somethings doing this it also women in there 40's too. Which me and my family seen at wal mart. Whats next going out in underwear?

there is nothing worse than these fine folks who take their kids out in the cold, sick as a dog, stand in line next to you, and let their runny, snot nosed children cough on you and dont even bother to say excuse me or im sorry, and proceed to let the contents of their noses run down their faces . ewwww man that disturbing. my gf has actually told them about themselves, and it is quite entertaining.

Just underwear? For the most part, lets hope not. I comment on the whole pj thing to my fiance all the time, I'm only 32, but the way younger (15-22) people dress makes me feel alot older. Its like they think they look good being all sloppy looking, but to me they just look lazy. I mean, it shows self-respect to take a few minutes and make yourself look presentable before you go out in public. There are times when it can't happen, and its understandable. If I'm going out to get med for one of my kids if they are sick or something, I don't care what I look like. I'm worried about the kid. But, I'm in and out of the store, I don't shop. Its like they have no self worth anymore.

Since I'm fixing my truck the wife and I are down to just her car at the moment for daily transportation. She goes to work at 6:30 AM, I open the shop at 8. I'm in no hurry to get up and get dressed some days. Need coffee!

One morning I took her to work, just in my PJ's. Slipped on my work boots. Now that's a combination! That morning I happened to run out of coffee.

You guessed. I walked into the store looking just like that. PJ bottoms, a t-shirt, and work boots. Not exactly high fashion.

Not that I gave a s*** that early in the AM. I needed coffee dammit!

I usually won't go out like that, though. Usually I'm wearing my work clothes. You know, those jeans covered in the spill du jour, oil, grease, paint, whatever.

how is it ok to go to a doctors app. in your damn pj?????????????? what the hell have the world came to??????? i had a app. thur. at the doctor and while i was there a lady comes in with her kids, and in pj at 8.30 in the morning ...what the hell is wrong with this kids today..if a man try to talk to them or come on to them they feel unsafe well put some damn cloths on stupid.....the damn kids of today want to be friends with there children instead of the damn parent....i have told my son before i am your daddy first and your friend last...i may be the only one but this kinda stuff gets on my last nerve.....sorry rant over mike :wack:

O Yea . Big peeve of mine. I saw a older man in a store the other morning in pj's.

lol my wife and i take our daughters to pre-k every morning and all the other parents are in pj heaven (alarm clocks should be set 30 min earlier...jus sayin )

I don't get it...What's wrong with women going out in their PJs?! :glasses7:

Attachments

• Babydoll.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 217
Guess one good thing about cold winters, is that PJs just dont offer enough insulation value here to be worn.

Normally it's those "yoga" pants. Sure they can look really good, but they often look really, really, really bad. Like they say, spandex is a privilege, not a right.

It's the same as having to look at the young boys' underwear cause they wear their jeans around their knees/ankles....

I'll show them how rediculous they look, when I do it back to them wearing tighty whiteys...

It's the same as having to look at the young boys' underwear cause they wear their jeans around their knees/ankles....

I'll show them how rediculous they look, when I do it back to them wearing tighty whiteys...

I actually just tell the "boys" that wearing your pants low started as a sign in prison that you are..... shall we say "open" for business lol

I have wondered myself for at least the last 10 years of seeing this is What the hell did you not have the xtra 2 minutes to throw clothes on?

We had a young man come into the office dressed the way so many typically do these days - my boss was on his way past when he observed the young man talking to the receptionist. He asked "Is there something we can do for you?"
The young man relpied "Yeah, I'm looking for a job"
My boss said "No you're not"
The dumbfounded kid said "Huh?"
My boss said "If you really wanted a job you wouldn't walk in here with your cap on backwards, your shirt hanging out and you'd better pull your pants up if you want anyone to take you seriously".

The kid went outside and returned a few minutes later minus the cap, shirt tucked in and pants pulled up... he was given an application.

Dang I miss working for that man!

-
Back