How Do Find Out Which Dealer Your Car Originally Came From

-

64wagon

Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure how tough of a question it is, I wanted to find out which dealer my car was originally sold at, how does one go about finding this info.

thank you\rob

Maybe I was lucky, but in the back of my 65 Dart convertible's glove box was a decal from Albany NY Dodge which was later confirmed by the build info from Chrysler Historical.

Bought mine new from Brown & Daub in Easton Pa. No mystery there..LOL Maybe you could use your state motor vehicle agency to back track. Also check with Chrysler, I'm told they have some records from 67 back.

Mine had a metal Skyline Dodge of Denver CO still on it.

I was lucky that both of my Barracudas had the original window stickers come with the cars. As also mentioned you could try Chrysler Historical. I went to them for more info on my cars. I just wish they had some info for my '69 Road Runner 'cause I have no history at all for that car.

what year car is it you're trying to get the info for? If it is 67 or earlier you can order the build card for your car from Chrysler Historical. It gives you the selling dealers code and name (if on file) and all the build information for your vehicle.

Attachments

• Build_Record_Order_Form.pdf
    105.2 KB · Views: 111
Hi Guys, I do have the certicard but I am unsure of how I can use this to find out more info on the cars beginnings. If you have some more thoughts let me know.

rob

does the certicard contain the name and address of the first owner? If so you can try to contact them (phone book) Otherwise if something isn't popping out at you in the documentation you have then Chrysler Historical is your option.

-
Back