How do I pick a TC??

-
Oh my...what does it flash to right now and why are you not happy with the current piece..too loose..
stall too low...no launch...poor mileage? Exactly what are you looking for that you currently don't have?

From the headline, I assumed that we were talking about this.

600-Chrysler-TC.jpg

Agree, my exact thoughts ... they are talking way too much on the stall speed for a mostly street application ...
No, you're not comprehending what we're saying, but that's ok, run what you want.

Agree, my exact thoughts ... they are talking way too much on the stall speed for a mostly street application ...
A 3500 stall will work really well with the 4.10 gears the OP is using.

Rear axle ratio and vehicle weight have a lot to do when choosing a convertor.

How do “you” pick a torque converter? IMO, the only company I’d bother with picking is Turbo Action. (maybe FTI as well) There’s enough info on their site (albeit takes some clicking around to get all the info, designed back in early internet days) to safely pick a quality converter that’ll fit your needs. From the looks of your combo, intended use and using the info found within TA’s site for which is best, the 10” S-800 17805MED would be the one or you would use the 17805ST (especially with more cubes) but Definitely NOT the 17805S
Try Mazzolini Racing or Mancini Racing. Get it drop shipped directly from TA. Done.

Turbo Action

Or call around and let a quality company pick.

Oh, and I have a 17805ST tight Im hanging onto for later re-use. Outstanding converter for my street/strip setup when a 3500 tight was all I needed.
Someone worried that 3500 tight is too much obviously has never flogged one or been a passenger where one was. Trust me, it will/would be a revelation.

Last edited:
How do “you” pick a torque converter? IMO, the only company I’d bother with picking is Turbo Action. (maybe FTI as well) There’s enough info on their site (albeit designed back in early internet days) to safely pick a quality converter that’ll fit your needs. From the looks of your combo, intended use and using the info found within TA’s site for which is best, the 10” S-800 17805MED would be the one. More cubes you would use the 17805ST. Definitely NOT the 17805S
Try Mazzolini Racing or Mancini Racing. Get it drop shipped directly from TA. Done.

Turbo Action

Oh, and I have a 17805ST tight Im hanging onto for later re-use. Outstanding converter for my street/strip setup when a 3500 tight was all I needed.
Someone worried that 3500 tight is too much obviously has never flogged one or been a passenger where one was. Trust me, it will/would be a revelation.
How do “you” pick a torque converter? IMO, the only company I’d bother with picking is Turbo Action. (maybe FTI as well) There’s enough info on their site (albeit takes some clicking around to get all the info, designed back in early internet days) to safely pick a quality converter that’ll fit your needs. From the looks of your combo, intended use and using the info found within TA’s site for which is best, the 10” S-800 17805MED would be the one. More cubes you would use the 17805ST. Definitely NOT the 17805S

Turbo Action

6A4EA0D8-6F4A-43DF-AD3F-F64BAC696729.gif

-
Back