How do I remove this piece?

-

tyoung69

Reaction score
Do I need to use a puller or is there a screw or bolt I overlooked? I would like to know before I damage something. I have removed the c-clip in front of the bearing and thought it would slide off but it won't budge. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
20170114_055112.jpg

Steering column

Last edited:
if you are asking about the bearing, i think i just tapped the shaft on the floor and it all came loose. there is a spring inside and lots of dried grease.

I am wanting to remove the housing around the bearing. Will they come off together?

just did one//remove the circlip on the shaft and the bearing will come with the housing//might require a good tug//hit it with PB

Okay, thanks. I wanted to remove it to clean and paint. Again, thanks everyone.

the bearing has a rubber on so it wants to hold on but my bearing did not break nor did the rubber tear. i think i actually may have laid it on a bench and used a rubber mallet.

The snap ring will generate a burr at the ring groove over time. Pull the shaft up a tad. Use a small file and emery cloth to clean up. Housing with bearing should slide up and off. Never was a press fit there.

You are probably right about the burr. I will give it a try this evening. Need to replace the turn signal cam also. Thanks

If you're replacing turn signal cam, dont use the Chinese one, from what I've read on here the life expectancy ofthem is 6 months (if that)

Contact member Slantsixdan he has new quality ones. Or Google Daniel Sterne lighting. Its the same guy.

Thanks for the headsup. Replacing the cam isn't difficult, but very time consuming. Definitely something I don't want to repeat in 6 months.

-
Back