How do you get dash assembly out?

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads here about removing an a body dash
I want to remove mine so the entire assembly is out of the car and looks like the picture I have posted ( which I borrowed from a member who is selling it, thank you)
I think the windshield needs to come out, whats to best way to do it without making a mess.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• dash out.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 226
windshield really needs to come out to get the top bolts out. There are bolts at each end, and the column needs to be dropped down for the frame to slip out. put the gauge cluster in last.

This is also an excellent time to replace wiper pivot seals, upgrade speaker, insulate and go through the heater box.

^ what rocky said is spot on. While replacing those wiper pivot seals, lube the joints inside and all of the points on the wiper mechanism... I always thought that old mopars had noisy wipers. Nope. They are just needing lube.

you WILL make a mess. Especially with all of the old dust and worn out insulation which is a real pain.

the heater box you can rebuild pretty inexpensively too. http://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/heater-box-gaskets/

I thought DMT also made a wiper pivot point mod kit to add grease fittings to them but i dont see it on their website. maybe it was another vendor.

Good luck. love those dart dashes.

There is a member here who posted a thread about removing the dash with OUT removing the windshield. It involves grinding/ cutting off the nut clips / screws up under the dash to get it out, then using nut clips on the winshield tabs so short screws can be inserted from the bottom.

There is a member here who posted a thread about removing the dash with OUT removing the windshield. It involves grinding/ cutting off the nut clips / screws up under the dash to get it out, then using nut clips on the winshield tabs so short screws can be inserted from the bottom.

I'm thanking it was the birth of the blue missile .

-
Back