how do you insure your mopar??

-

Bush

Reaction score
Hey everyone!!

I'm getting ready to purchase a new Mopar and and curious n how to insure it. I'm looking to purchase a pro street car and I'm sure my normal car policy isn't going to work. I found a company called Heacock what does everybody use??

Hagerty here.

Whomever you choose be sure you have AGREED VALUE not STATED VALUE.

It depends on what car, what condition etc. If you have a high dollar restored car it might be advantageous for you to have it appraised.

In my situation, I look at what I have into it and go from there. Mine is not done and I insure it for 6K.

It depends on what car, what condition etc. If you have a high dollar restored car it might be advantageous for you to have it appraised.

In my situation, I look at what I have into it and go from there. Mine is not done and I insure it for 6K.

when i run a quote through Hagerty it states the minimum value must be 25k how are you getting it for only 6k

Hagerty here too. They will insureit for whatever value you place on it within reason The premium is then based on that value. They need photos to confirm what it is you have

when i run a quote through Hagerty it states the minimum value must be 25k how are you getting it for only 6k

Call and talk to them. Like I said it depends on car, condition, rarity etc.

I have no problem insuring mine for 6K and my Wife's car for 5K. You need a locked garage to keep it in too. They will ask for a couple of pictures.

What car are you trying to insure??

Call and talk to them. Like I said it depends on car, condition, rarity etc.

I have no problem insuring mine for 6K and my Wife's car for 5K. You need a locked garage to keep it in too. They will ask for a couple of pictures.

What car are you trying to insure??

69 dart

Hagerty as well, they have underwriters and a set of guidelines for each car model, so they know if you are too high. I Insured a Beetle, and they told me the value was too low according to their records, and suggested raising the value. They know what they are doing. my 77' Cordoba was valued at 8k, for 76 dollars a year. Of course I had others Insured there, so The liability was already covered.

Yeah, I would just give them a call and tell them what you have and condition etc, and what you would like to insure it for.

I insure both of our cars for less than 600 a year. It would be 300 less if I didn't live in Michigan, we have to pay 186 a year extra on each car we have insured because of the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Fund.

Awesome I appreciate all the advice never had to insure something like this so it's been interesting.

I've tried Haggarty and the other one everyone recommends..... Mine is uninsurable through them since it's a daily driver and I don't have a garage.

I'm using Geico.

I had Hagarty for years but the price kept going up and I never made a claim. Now I'm with Grundy the rate is lower and I have no limit on mileage. Both have an agree value

Awesome I appreciate all the advice never had to insure something like this so it's been interesting.

Above post references daily driver, you will need to be able to tell them you have a daily driver with a current policy on it.

Hagerty is really easy to work with, I would also suggest being careful how you answer some of their questions. Sometimes they will be somewhat misleading, for example, if it's built at all for performance, I tell them yes, but the engine is a original Mopar piece etc.

They don't mind mods but there are some things that will limit what you can do.

I also don't volunteer any info, I answer their questions as carefully and as closely as I can.

What are some of the details of your ride?

Above post references daily driver, you will need to be able to tell them you have a daily driver with a current policy on it.

Hagerty is really easy to work with, I would also suggest being careful how you answer some of their questions. Sometimes they will be somewhat misleading, for example, if it's built at all for performance, I tell them yes, but the engine is a original Mopar piece etc.

They don't mind mods but there are some things that will limit what you can do.

I also don't volunteer any info, I answer their questions as carefully and as closely as I can.

What are some of the details of your ride?

69 Dart pro street 383

I have my 71 demon insured through farmers. It can't be a daily driver, have to have another car designated as that. They told me I could drive as much as I want then. I placed 6 k for value also. Full coverage for 91 a year

I have my 71 demon insured through farmers. It can't be a daily driver, have to have another car designated as that. They told me I could drive as much as I want then. I placed 6 k for value also. Full coverage for 91 a year

Is it set for agreed value? Just curious, as I'm always wondering what other companies do.

If you/they don't do agreed value, you could be extremely disappointed if you had a claim.

A lot of these companies like State Farm, Farmers etc will tell you it's agreed value when in fact it's stated value, HUGE difference.

I don't know about getting insurance on a pro street car through Haggerty. Be careful.

I was using American Modern for agreed value, but when my son turned 16 they said he couldn't drive it until he was 25. It is his car. Had to switch to USAA at stated value.

-
Back