How do you like your pizza

-
King Arthur is one of best sources for flour and recipes. But for “real Italian” pizza flour you need 00 flour.
Antimo Caputo 00 Pizzeria Flour (Blue) 9 Lb

I actually crave low quality, greasy, cheap pizza sometimes. Similar to the crappy pizza my high school cafeteria would make. Thinner crust, nothing exotic on it - maybe pepperoni and some bacon, greasy is ok with me.

Sometimes i add some pineapple to the above to make it a wild night!
Oh no pineapple on anything except in the garbage can. Hate that stuff

When in Rome.
Best pizza is there. Not Americanized.

Pizza bianca,no sauce whatsoever, and it is topped with salt, olive oil, or chopped rosemary.
Nothing else. Meat was a rare commodity in old times
Anchovies were more common.

Funny i don't care for fish., but put those salty buggers on a pie and stand back.
I like anchovies too and they're hard to find here for some reason.

Just had pizza today, sometimes I think I’m a ninja turtle.

5636739E-B849-4D85-A062-4F911BAB963F.jpeg

I like my tomato pie with pepperoni on a flexible crispy crust and gooey mozzarella cheese.
The kind Guido made when I grew up in Jersey.

Anything Chicago style, served in an old school restaurant in Chicagoland (suburbs preferably as of late!) with decor from the 60’s-70’s, with a pitcher of beer, a couple of Italian beefs in a bag to take home......preferably from here:

8ADA4460-0081-4F5B-98C0-7338D38FA0FA.png

https://www.papaspizzaplace.com/

Anything Chicago style, served in an old school restaurant in Chicagoland (suburbs preferably as of late!) with decor from the 60’s-70’s, with a pitcher of beer, a couple of Italian beefs in a bag to take home......preferably from here:

View attachment 1715850851

https://www.papaspizzaplace.com/
I can only dream. We tried yet another place, Tres Ragazzi. Nice name, mediocre pizza. The search goes on.

I can only dream. We tried yet another place, Tres Ragazzi. Nice name, mediocre pizza. The search goes on.
:lol: good luck, you left the best pizza behind, just like my family did 40 years ago.
I did make it back to Jersey in 2010, had pizza at the same place we ate when I was a kid.
I ate a few hoagies and cheese steaks when I was there. :D

As a former resident who grew up with Chicago style pizza mere minutes away with so many restaurants to pick from, here in South Carolina there is no such thing as good pizza. Unless it’s a Chicagoland transplant running the place, which we haven’t seen many that last, it all sucks! Think sauce “sprayed from a can” ....a light skim coat, just enough to cover the dough but no more! 2” wide perimeter of crust, some of these dumps think it’s a good idea to pump cheese or some other crap in the crust, but all of it is utter garbage! :mad:

Last edited:
:lol: good luck, you left the best pizza behind, just like my family did 40 years ago.
I did make it back to Jersey in 2010, had pizza at the same place we ate when I was a kid.
I ate a few hoagies and cheese steaks when I was there. :D
We are going to do just that when we go back for a wedding this spring!

CHP officer friend of mine in the old desert homeland was an off road racer. Class II unlimited 2 seater. His sponsor was the local Straw Hat Pizza. The name of the car, Chub's Chex :lol: after the owner of the establishment. It was a fun time to be part of Tommy's pit crew, it always involved a couple of pizza parties, 1 before and 1 after the race :lol:.

CHP officer friend of mine in the old desert homeland was an off road racer. Class II unlimited 2 seater. His sponsor was the local Straw Hat Pizza. The name of the car, Chub's Chex :lol: after the owner of the establishment. It was a fun time to be part of Tommy's pit crew, it always involved a couple of pizza parties, 1 before and 1 after the race :lol:.
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FWiFHem7FxKbHG%2Fgiphy.gif

-
Back