how does my rocker arm geometry look??

-

dgswinger

Reaction score
this is my first time messing with adjustable rockers and a hydraulic cam. i usually just run stock pushrods and stamped steel rockers but figured i should maybe give the adjustable stuff a try! have a look at the pics the first couple are with the valve at max lift open then the last two are with the valve closed. the push rod in the pic is a comp adjustable length checker.... (this was adjusted to snug plus 1/2 turn on rocker adjuster for preload is that the correct way to do that?) thanks in advance
dgswinger

Attachments

• Photo338.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 328
  • Photo339.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 315
  • Photo340.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 304
  • closed 1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 323
  • closed 2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 315
Looks good to me. Make sure you have some sort of lube or assembly lube on contact area's for your start up.
thanks for the input yes all shafts and rockers as well as valve tips will all have moly assembly lube. plus the system will be primed before start up as well!! i though the geometry looked good but just wanted more experianced opinions

It looks to me like the valve stems are too "tall". It will run - but it's going to wear the guides and valve stem a lot and it's losing lift because it's not pushing down on the valve, but more over-and-down.
Was there anything done to hose heads in terms of valve job?

It looks to me like the valve stems are too "tall". It will run - but it's going to wear the guides and valve stem a lot and it's losing lift because it's not pushing down on the valve, but more over-and-down.
Was there anything done to hose heads in terms of valve job?

nothing has been done to them since the last time they were gone over and that was about 30,000 miles ago when the 340 they were on was freshened up ....they are the 73 "587" casting j heads they do have comp springs on them. they have been milled some they CC out at 65cc's now other than that they were on a good running 340 i bought a few months ago so i figured i would try to use them...
thanks for the input is there a average valve stem height i can measure for too see if they are in spec?

Maybe it`s just the pic. but in the last one it looks like no clearance between rocker and spring?

yeah its just the pic angle they clear just fine however they do have larger diameter comp springs on the heads. my roller rockers wont clear these springs i already tried.... so i looked to make sure these one cleared thanks anyway!

-
Back