How Does Your Animal Show Affection?

-
Right now, too much affection.
My girl (my avatar) just got spayed, and has to be kept quiet and isolated. (A challenge I can tell you!).
And my girlfriend shattered her knee, and can't help me, OR get help from the local hospital, OR from her health insurance company.
So, I have three shepherds following me everywhere I go, underfoot and in the way constantly! (If they aren't wrestling with each other.)
Not complaining. Bragging, I think, but trying non the less.

Last edited:
I call people like you "converts". Yall make some of the best cat people, because it's like "what have I missed my whole life?" My best high school friend and I still are and still keep in touch. Years ago, when he was still single, he'd come visit every now and then when we still lived in Macon. He wasn't a cat person, but he didn't dislike cats either. Ours would always migrate to him. Now that he has a lady friend, she loves cats. They have two and both cats are HIS cats and it just pisses her off. LOL
"Both cats are HIS cats....." I have the same situation with my girlfriend and our shepherds. The oldest girl was hers for a few years before we moved to AZ together, the two we've gotten together since, have all become "mine". She does all the hard doggie work, I do the playing.
Our newest puppy bonded with her, Liz was sooooo happy!
Then she destroyed her knee, I'm taking care of all of them, and her puppy has changed allegiance to me.
After Liz recovers I'll probably have to go back to california for a month so she can get her puppy back, lol.

Yep, the cat and both dogs. The dogs think they are lap dogs, a 55 lb boxer mix and 75 lb English lab.

Sitting on the sofa with my wife, sitting on my sons lap and laying on me on the sofa.

Cliff Ramsdell
2459505A-4C1F-4993-8869-CDC3C0CCFCF5.jpeg
C4DC6F67-349A-4399-9530-D82ED7CA58F4.jpeg
0FCC0DA5-DCC3-4E7F-9A03-9EA464F7877A.jpeg

No cats in our house. The four dogs wouldn't allow it!!

Here's my big boy Dale and me goofing off. He's sorta affectionate. He'll get on the couch beside me and lay with his front legs and head across my lap.

20210926_195054.jpg

-
Back