How fast can a stock leaf rearend be?

-
theres a huge post on this subject
After I asked the question I started looking through the wheels and tires forum for the answer. So far I haven't seen any that refer to drag slick sizes only street tire aspect ratio sizes, as well between darts, cuda's, etc. I haven't found a reference to a 70-72 Duster. Were the 70-72 the same as the later ones? Someone even mentioned that a Demon had larger wheelwells than a Duster and I always thought they were exactly the same. Anyway, I'll keep looking before I make a new post.

If I were you I would look the springs over, and maybe remove one leaf. Also, maybe re-drill a leaf or two to "stack" them forward to put the stiffness on the front segment. As the tire creates some friction, the front segment will try to rotate, which will lift the car, and push the tires down to the pavement. also have someone video the launch. You want both wheels spinning, and the car to rise. my 2 cents Rich

That actually makes sense. Sounds like a winter project. My 60 foot was 2.11 with an 1/8 mile ET of 8.58 and 82MPH. I know that if I cure my traction issues, there will be major improvements. Slicks are the logical next step, but parts breakage isn't in my budget.

That actually makes sense. Sounds like a winter project. My 60 foot was 2.11 with an 1/8 mile ET of 8.58 and 82MPH. I know that if I cure my traction issues, there will be major improvements. Slicks are the logical next step, but parts breakage isn't in my budget.

If you have traction, it doesn't matter if you have slicks. You're more likely to break something. You just have to upgrade the breakables...

If I were you I would look the springs over, and maybe remove one leaf. Also, maybe re-drill a leaf or two to "stack" them forward to put the stiffness on the front segment. As the tire creates some friction, the front segment will try to rotate, which will lift the car, and push the tires down to the pavement. also have someone video the launch. You want both wheels spinning, and the car to rise. my 2 cents Rich

a simple overlooked part on the leafspring set up is rear shackle swing/angle
you need ample angle of the shackle so as the spring arches ...the shackle can swing and make up the difference.
if you dont have it the spring cant do its job..and all will bind up...giving you the same reaction as too stiff of a spring..
this is usually seen as leapfrog or porpusing at launch.
cheapst.

In mopar musle mag,They have dusters and cudas running 10,s and 11,s.It is in the september 2008 issue.They are smallblocks too. Mark

-
Back