how fast will it go?

-

hemidude

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got a a body with a big block engine and a 4 speed. Its got them cheater slicks and a posi. The engines got lots of power and I am going to the track this weekend for my first time.

Just wondering what kind of times you think I might be running so I can figure out what safety stuff I need.

Thanks all and wish me luck

Hemidude

Not knowing what is exatly in the engine makes it hard to tell what you will run. I'd say you might break into the high 11's????? Just bring a certified helmet.

with lots of power....9s easy...

Really? Cool!!!

I mostly drive this on the street but finally got up the nerve to take it to the track. My buddies will be really impressed when we meet up downtown tonight.

Wow 9's I figured it would be close to that.

Ok I gotta say something here, because I think you are sincere, and this seems a little unfair. The guys that are saying nines are having a little fun at your expense. To be blunt, its obvious by the way your question was phrased that you are, uh lets say less than experienced. No one on here can even remotely hazard a guess at what this car will run based on the info you have given. Is it a 383? A 440? What do you mean by "cheater slicks"? Are they Mickey Thompson or Hoosier dots, or just wide street tires? how tall are they? What cam is in it? How much compression? What intake & carb? What is the gear ratio? Normally, I dont even get involed on here, but, like I said, I think this is a little unfair.Where did you get this car? I'm assuming you bought it built?

Hey guys I have to apologize here. I (Dorian) and Hemidude are 1 in the same! I just posted this to see the input I would get and how quick, because I posted in this same forum (68 Coupe its alive -continued ) and did not get any response back from anyone.

I just wanted to see if anyone was around or if you all were away for the weekend.

Again I apologize for leading you astray, but it was interesting to see the quick response from a newbie member who obviously had NO CLUE what he was talking about and no responses to a question from a long time member.

Before you fry me in oil I realize I should have waited longer for replies but it usually doesn't take very long to get some input from my FABO brothers and sisters.

Dorian aka Hemidude

LOL! I was kinda wondering if there was really someone THAT gullible on here. Got me good.

Really? Wow. I've got to say that's pretty good for a street car. People really under estimate deep 13s. Nice Work!

Uncool dude... Deception is for women. Well the ones I go out with anyways.

Hey Dusted Ya...

This is DECEPTION!!

These are real...
chryplayboy.jpg

REAL EXPENSIVE!!!!

-
Back