How important is numbers matching?

-
When I did my Dartcharger resto that was one of my goals. Numbers matching, date codes, week numbers, factory errors and so on. And I'm happy with the result too. I proved to myself that it can be done!

If someone will hotrod their car with # matching is fine with me. If someone want's to hotrod a car with another engine. Fine, but it might be great to save the correct engine for the future.

If someone bought a restored Superbird for usd 300 000 and started building a convertible would that be ok? Not to me but for the new owner it is! Someone bought it and want to have it their way. Fine, but sorry for a rare car!

But there is alot of views on this one!

But there is alot of views on this one!

You got that right.

My stance has always been IF it's a rare car to keep it that way including #'s matching.

The average /6 Duster, Dart whatever is just like McDonalds, "have it your way". lol

this is a great hobby and has many choices.
..humongus hp,numbers match,lots of jewelry,better handling and braking,cut and polished show paint yada..yada!
i have noticed age groups are similar...just pick your poison and enjoy!

I'm going to tear down the alleged rebuilt engine.I use to work in a machine in the 80s & owned a 71 340 Demon. I want my motor similar to the one I had in the Demon.I don't trust anybody when it comes to motor rebuild unless I know them personally.To many wanna be engine builders out there ! This motor will be correctly balanced & assembled.

-
Back