How is your Car hauler Rigged Up?

-

mrtillie

Reaction score
Im wondering how you guys have set up the interior of your car hauler. I have been working at mine during the off season. Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• Car Hauler.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 531
  • work bench in hauler.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 531
i like your toolbox. my i suggest some used cabinets, top and bottom ones for more storage space and of course you will need plenty of girly pin-up posters.

i don't have a truck strong enough to haul an enclosed trailer. i have an open trailer that i have a wrinch on right behind an aluminum truck tool box with a very large light on the back to see the trailer at night. inside i have a battery to operate the wrinch and electric brakes. it also has the lights, jack, pieces of wood(in case i have a flat tire for the jack to sit on), a bag of those h-d cloths pins to hold the cover on the motor, extra lugs nuts and the 20' long cord to operate the wrinch. everything else is in my utility bed pick-up truck. the trailer also has a back up alarm and a back up light.

How does that 150 handle that trailer? is that a 28'?

Looks nice!

Both trailers look nice. Because of the fridge, there's an awesome joke about Jeff Gordon and driving blind somewhere/somehow, but I don't know nascar well enough to do it right. LOL

Sadly, at present, my car hauler only has an exterior. :(

I got a 40 foot toy hauler. Have not done much to it as it is all ready set up. Has three beds, sink, shower, microwave, stove, oven, fridge, heat and A/C, two TV's with a dish, fule tank, and an air compressor that has air lins routed to 9 points around and inside the trailer to plug in to.

Use it forthe most part to go to Glamis but also to take the Dart and the Duster (when it is done) to the track. Been to MATS with it with the Dart in the back.

Would not of got it but it was just to good a deal to pass up.

Attachments

• 100_5136.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 454
  • 100_5135.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 437
  • post-40164-1289370319_thumb.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 442
  • post-40164-1289370210_thumb.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 000_0016.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 459
002.jpg

003-1.jpg

28' Premier trailer. Front part has speaker box carpet. Aluminum door cabinet. You can't see it but right inside the side door is the jack stand/jack holder. I also have front and rear tiedown hooks on the walls. Roof A/C but you in the Great White North have need for that. Tread plate for the tire path. I also have two 6x6 pieces of tread plate for a jack to sit on just in case I have to fix the car in the trailer. 1 in the front and 1 in the back. I put grip tape on the rear door, not for the car but for me. I had wet shoes once and just about broke my neck. A couple of coat hooks for my race jacket and maybe a sweatshirt. While I was at it I added an American flag,USMC flag and a bunch of hot girl posters for eye candy.

I put grip tape on the rear door, not for the car but for me. I had wet shoes once and just about broke my neck.

Haha. Yeah, I like to put pool noodles over the tailgate wires, in case someone reflexively grabbed the wire on their way down. Could probably lose some skin that way...

Cool looking trailer.

I also added the pool noodles after walking into them the first night I had the trailer. It got old real fast.

Here's a real newb question... I have never paid any attention to people loading and unloading their enclosed trailers. Can you drive in and get out of the car just by opening the door? Or do you have to winch in, and push it out??? Doesn't seem like there's much room to open the car door unless you've got an extra door on the trailer on the drivers side.:dontknow:

Here's a real newb question... I have never paid any attention to people loading and unloading their enclosed trailers. Can you drive in and get out of the car just by opening the door? Or do you have to winch in, and push it out??? Doesn't seem like there's much room to open the car door unless you've got an extra door on the trailer on the drivers side.:dontknow:
I have a drivers side..entrance door on my trailer.I just open the door,jump in the car and drive it out,same with loading.LOL

LXguy.My trailer is 24 ft and my F-150 4x4 hauls it no problems.Engine is a 5.4 litre.:mrgreen:
View attachment New 24 foot Enclosed trailer Oct.2010 015.jpg

I drive mine in but a winch would be nice to have in case you brake your car. A ratchet strap could be used in a pinch too. There is enough room in mine to open the door and get out but you could always roll down the window and get out that way. Thats how the buggy guys do it as they don't have doors. LOL

Im wondering how you guys have set up the interior of your car hauler. I have been working at mine during the off season. Here are a couple of pics.

Ok guys can someone tell me what a car hauler is for i DRIVE my stuff so why would i need one

all i have is what uhaul rents for auto transports........ill post up pics of the trailer that i want in a few.
EDIT pics added of the hauler i want......

Attachments

• CIMG0370.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 313
  • CIMG0369.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 287
  • CIMG0368.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 299
  • CIMG0367.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 287
  • CIMG0366.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 276
Ok guys can someone tell me what a car hauler is for i DRIVE my stuff so why would i need one

Because when you drive em like you stole em they brake sometimes, not mine but some do.:angel9:

Go to the track, brake some thing and have to walk home. Then you will know why.

Also a lot of drag cars are set up to run the 1/4 and thats it.

nothing fancy but gets sh*t done!

Attachments

• 39958_1550969181080_1440642816_31446246_5541426_n.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 39958_1550969221081_1440642816_31446247_2931621_n.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 282
^ Nice trailer! I'm going to have to give them a call to find out how much they run. Good to see they're in AZ too... Before I looked at your location, I pretty much expected it to have come from back East.

It's not ours....we have the open one made by JimGlo. No ramps :)

I called them after our trip to the MATS because we lost a tail light. They sent us a replacement for our '99 model....no charge :-D

Attachments

• Dual Exhaust Sept 2010 001.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 251
I have to winch my car inn, the doors are lower than the wheel wells. 28 footer, cabinets make for good storage but make it tight with a golfcart.
P1050200.jpg

.....i don't have a truck strong enough to haul an enclosed trailer. i have an open trailer that i have a wrinch on right behind an aluminum truck tool box with a very large light on the back to see the trailer at night........

I have the opposite problem. I have an F350 King Ranch diesel that can pull anything....but I have an open trailer, because that's all I can afford :iconbigg:

Oh well, I have an enclosed trailer on my "someday" list.

to the az guys, you could check out brown motorsports they make some nice trailers as well. They will get my business when the time comes. They are in queen creek for those intrested.

I have to winch my car inn, the doors are lower than the wheel wells. 28 footer, cabinets make for good storage but make it tight with a golfcart.
P1050200.jpg

When I ordered my trailer,the cost to add the d.side entrance door was only $180 extra.Maybe you could have 1 installed?Save you time,not whenching.JMO.Nice cabinets.

-
Back