How long did it take you to decide to sell your car

-
First post and I actually just sold my Mopar.

When things became vile at work I stuck it out for a year. Didn't get better and the damage was done.

Knew something would have to give if I were to walk away and my Mopar went quickly for a fair price.

Cars are just things, I have had lots and can always get more. I consider everything in life temporary. When one door closes another one opens and I found a sweet sweet sweet deal on a 5.0 Fox Body project to keep me from sniffing glue while I decrompress.

I'll get another Mopar later when it is more cost effective for me to do so.

Yellow Blaze ---- I have to say you have a great perspective on life and on cars. I too had a Fox body 5.0 but I sold it some time ago because of life circumstances. Good luck with the 5.0 and life.

Toolman wanna trade ??
I regret selling every time. But My wife said that I'd rather build them than keeping them.
And in a way she is right.View attachment 1715742494
My wife told me same thing, I fear she is correct. Once I get them built I kind of move on to next one that don’t run. It is a addicting hobby.

Reeling it back in to original question posted, like many on here I build em, race em, then hang on to them for too long. My personal opinion is that you only get so many sunrises walking this earth, if you want to build a truck rock on. Life is to short to live by the what if rule. You want to sell, do it and never look back.

I deal with this decision every summer.

I live in Canada. I imported a really sharp 64 Valiant from the US. You have to pass provincial inspections up here if you want to get it plated when you import a car out of country or province.

While I was working on the car to get it ready for inspection, my province passed a new law that made it practically impossible for me to pass the inspection.

I've had it many years now, I should sell it but it's just so cool and I love working on it so much. I just keep doing things to it, spending time and money on it. There's a ton of money in this car.

I start it up every weekend drive it up and down my longish driveway. I change the oil every year even though it never drives more than 1000 yards a season. Perhaps I have attachment issues?? Lol.

But yeah....I should sell it. Actually....I should trade it for a car that is stock. Hmmm...maybe this is the year?

87496535-10156769409002413-9110740810189504512-n.jpg

But how can you sell something that sounds like this!!??

Last edited:

I live in Canada. I imported a really sharp 64 Valiant from the US. You have to pass provincial inspections up here if you want to get it plated when you import a car out of country or province.

While I was working on the car to get it ready for inspection, my province passed a new law that made it practically impossible for me to pass the inspection.

I've had it many years now, I should sell it but it's just so cool and I love working on it so much. I just keep doing things to it, spending time and money on it. There's a ton of money in this car.

I start it up every weekend drive it up and down my longish driveway. I change the oil every year even though it never drives more than 1000 yards a season. Perhaps I have attachment issues?? Lol.

But yeah....I should sell it. Actually....I should trade it for a car that is stock. Hmmm...maybe this is the year?

View attachment 1715748018

Love your car! She sounds great!

View attachment 1715748018

That is sweet

-
Back