How long until you start to wonder if you've been shafted

-

Retroboy

Reaction score
Howdy
Firstly I'm half a world away from most of you in Australia, Secondly no one carries Mopar stuff down here so we're generally quite OK with buying stuff online from the US or wherever. I ordered and paid for a Trans brake from a smallish manufacturer there 6 weeks ago. Air mail via USPS normally takes 6 - 10 days. The guy has been slow to respond to a couple of e-mails since I ordered, I've only tried to contact him twice. I won't name them at this point, but will say there not one of the big corporations. Should I be concerned or are some of your little guys like that? I understand there are delays and unforeseen hold up's. I just assume people are on the up and up.
Cheers

Some suppliers are better than others, but if you regularly get stuff in 6 - 10 days, that's better response than we get in Canada, but we do have Canada Post to deal with. lol.

I'd give it a few more days, cuz up to 2 weeks is kinda normal, then start annoying him, like he's annoying you. Pester him for a tracking number..

If no results, let us know,, and we'll be glad to help if we can..

Howdy
Firstly I'm half a world away from most of you in Australia, Secondly no one carries Mopar stuff down here so we're generally quite OK with buying stuff online from the US or wherever. I ordered and paid for a Trans brake from a smallish manufacturer there 6 weeks ago. Air mail via USPS normally takes 6 - 10 days. The guy has been slow to respond to a couple of e-mails since I ordered, I've only tried to contact him twice. I won't name them at this point, but will say there not one of the big corporations. Should I be concerned or are some of your little guys like that? I understand there are delays and unforeseen hold up's. I just assume people are on the up and up.
Cheers
Retroboy, greetings...6 weeks! and you have already paid for the parts? I would be getting concerned. Quick communication is one of the ways that I determine the integrity of a business no matter their size. For the little guy to compete, he needs to be "on it", not only with shipments, but communication in order to compete and grow their business. I can understand if they had component procurement issues or a backlog in their shop or production, but at least they could take about 30 seconds to send you a note and explain a delay. Even better give you an expected date of shipping and a tracking number. I have had several businesses over the past 40 years and now I work with some of the largest corporations in the world designing and building equipment. We are a little business only about 20 employees, but we have huge respect because we respond and communicate. Even though you are in the land down under, no sense in treating you any different than if you walked into their store. I would send another email requesting the date when they are going to ship and if there are delays, please to let you know some kind of timeline. Hope you can get your brake soon and there is no problems. Have a good day!!

Don't know what to tell you Holley, example, has pushed back their "new" Sniper EFI I think at least a couple of times.

I would be getting a little concerned.. personally, I would stay up and make the long distance phone call - maybe try one more email first (the 3 strikes principle) - you can tell a lot talking to someone and it'll show them you mean business..

Howdy
Cheers
I wonder about the air mail shipping. If he has sent it via regular mail, 6 weeks isn't out of the question. I dealt with people in countries other than North America, and most if not all, had their order shipped via Air Freight. Not cheap by any means, but a whole lot quicker. Like Scamp Mike suggested, stay up one night, bite the bullet and make a phone call to them. If they still claim it's been shipped ask for, NO DEMAND, a tracking number.

All good. I spoke to someone I know in the US who runs a business in the same area and knew them so ho contacted them and then got back to me assuring all OK and it turned up yesterday.

-
Back