How many 68-S convertibles?

-

highwaystar

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one knew how many 68 cuda convertible formula S cars were made. The one I am looking at has a 340, original 4 spd car.
Green on Green with black top.
Thanks for any help.
I also have a pix of fender tag. Anyone know a site I can decode it on?

Hey HS, not sure on the 68, but mine is 69 and the same as what you are looking at. Mine is a 1 of 34 car 340 4spd "S" vert. I have never seen another car the same as mine. 68 numbers would be pretty close to the same. Lets see some pics!

Ok, I couldnt wait, the website tells me its 1 of 60, by the way it sounds same as mine....orig f8 with black top. How much out of curiosity??

He said it was 1 of 60. I thought it might have been for the green color. probaly not many of these left. Is there a registry for any of these?

1 of 60. I wonder how many were green? I have broadcast sheet and fendertag. Not optioned well at all. Drums up front, single mirror,120 speedo, no tac or performance indicater, Where can I go to decode broadcast sheet?

1 of 60. I wonder how many were green? I have broadcast sheet and fendertag. Not optioned well at all. Drums up front, single mirror,120 speedo, no tac or performance indicater, Where can I go to decode broadcast sheet?

Shoot matthon a pm, he is doing a registry. I sent him info on my "S", mine was the same drum brakes, 120 speedo, no tach, clock, nothing. Is yours a console or non console.

both our cars are pretty close to 1 of 1 cars, when you do the colors, options etc. Good luck and let us know if you pick it up!!

Purchased the car tonight. It is in my garage , and my long 72 340 Duster project has been replaced. Here I go again....

yup - pics needed. Sounds like a really cool car. The only thing I would miss would be the second mirror which my frankenfish will get. Can't see out the rear window and am too used to side mirrors. Vert may be different but with the top up I doubt it.

here are a few...
I peeled stickers and license plate off last night. It needs a few things. Fan Shroud, wheel lip moldings, steel wheels , dog dish caps, etc.etc.

Attachments

• DSC03943.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC03936.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC03913.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC03935.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC03937.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 213
Car looks nice, I kinda like the road wheels on there.

The road wheels are okay looking, but they have to come off because of the wheel adapters, don't care about them too much. I have the correct 14"x5.5"x4" wheels for it. I just got to get new rubber for them. That will be my first change. It would be nice to have original looking redline tires, but I priced a set of cokers, and they want $200. a piece. If anyone has a set of used at a decent price let me know.
Thanks,
T.J.

Nice car... Did they make the road wheels in SBP, or has everything been changed to LPB?

No those wheels are off a Roadrunner,BBP. There is currently adapters on the car to allow them to be bolted on. The Barracuda still retains the SBP all 4 corners.

That's a really nice looking car and I like the gills and spears on the rockers. I just picked up some gills and spears for mine. It looks to have the the deluxe seat covers, just like mine in the same green color too

very nice ride

340 convertibles
60 4 speeds
133 autos

383 convertibles
40 4 speeds
24 autos

i can decode your fender tag

Looking good. I'm on my 2nd 67 Barracuda Convertible. Not a Formula S but I still love her just the same.

Thanks everyone. I am stoked about the car.
Dave, I decoded the fendertag and Broadcast sheet already. the only thing I couldnt figure out on the broadcast sheet was the code for the wheels 12G and the wheel covers 01. The tires should be e70x14 red sidewalls. The paint is GG1 Racing green metallic. deluxe trim interior

-
Back