How many 8 3/4" 3rd members do you currently have ?

-
I’m building up my stash. When I moved several years ago I left several pigs behind. Should of kept them.

Likely the reason you never broke one is because you never have drag raced. Or don't. I wouldn't see one breaking with street tires. Try this a couple dozen times: First get some big Hoosier wrinkle wall slicks, do a nice fat burn off in a wet box until there's smoke rolling up into the telephone wires. Then creep up to a surface that if you walked crossed it with your tennis shoes you would probably lose a shoe.. Then rev your dual-quad stroker up to about five grand and sidestep the clutch... (Of course I would expect you to have a 489 case spooled with all the best brand new parts set up by a professional)
View attachment 1715402638
Where there's a will, there's a way...
There are a ton of 10 second cars using 8.75 rear ends that race season after season.

There are a ton of 10 second cars using 8.75 rear ends that race season after season.

You run on the same kind of budget that I do, thin...
Dump $1, 200 into the best eight and three-quarter Parts you can buy and blow it up within 20 passes.. Trust me you're next 1200 is not going into another one of those...

Dump $1, 200 into the best eight and three-quarter Parts you can buy and blow it up within 20 passes.. Trust me you're next 1200 is not going into another one of those...
I wouldn't have blown it up...…

Nothing like dancing around calling someone stupid...
mid 11's in a 3100 lbs A-body …… 8.75 will yawn at that all day. 5000 rpm's, slicks, stroker, all cool. But who taught you to side step the clutch?
Dana is tough. Tougher than a 8.75. 8.75's are tough, more than enough to handle a mid 11 second A-body.

LOL always "what my friends Chevy can do!"... LOL why don't you make your duster into a 10-second 4-Speed car with a 8 and 3/4 for a few seasons and report back....

... And no clutch tamer...lol...

LOL always "what my friends Chevy can do!"... LOL why don't you make your duster into a 10-second 4-Speed car with a 8 and 3/4 for a few seasons and report back....

... And no clutch tamer...lol...
you haven't seen my clutch tamer...… I'll post a picture sometime if you are interested. Not in this thread though

you haven't seen my clutch tamer...… I'll post a picture sometime if you are interested. Not in this thread though
Of course I had to hit the disagree button at least once! Lol I don't know @kerndog might get a laugh or get pissed who knows...
one thing I do know I wish I was born with your NATURAL-BORN ABILITY and being able to go out season 1 with a 4-speed Stroker and be able to slip the clutch just perfect for that perfect launch. Now that I've done it thousands of times it's so easy LOL NOT!... Really until you've been there..

Of course I had to hit the disagree button at least once! Lol I don't know @kerndog might get a laugh or get pissed who knows...
one thing I do know I wish I was born with your NATURAL-BORN ABILITY and being able to go out season 1 with a 4-speed Stroker and be able to slip the clutch just perfect for that perfect launch. Now that I've done it thousands of times it's so easy LOL NOT!... Really until you've been there..

I can already see the answer I have a friend or I know a guy....
downloadfile-12.jpeg

Lol...:poke::popcorn:

Ok, not to hijack a thread, but this quick run down of 4 gear racing: First, your set up was not meant to side step, period. 2nd, Keeping the rpms up by riding the clutch a second allows you to control the "stall" - like a 8" converter, keeping max power. Pop a clutch to snap parts and pull rpms down making less power is not how to race it. Friend at work did the same side step with his muncie Nova with slicks, breaking 12 bolt rears but never learned. Sorry, but I can't blame the 8.75 in your case.

sure... LOL. I can't afford to break parts, and I hate doing a job twice.
Trust me you don't win round 1 (Ford fox body Mustang) and go out and around two (his brother and another fox body Mustang would have been a great victory) wanting to blow up your $1, 200 rear end, but s*** happens...

Trust me you don't win round 1 (Ford fox body Mustang) and go out and around two (his brother and another fox body Mustang would have been a great victory) wanting to blow up your $1, 200 rear end, but s*** happens...
And to think I brought home a trophy with a 7.25 rear end...
1075134-2095f2168638e117e5edbb24dd915f2b.jpg

1075133-0de7edbd259f349e12b4145e2431264a.jpg

1075135-828d308a970ba523933c8e74a51aef5f.jpg

Sorry, it was just fitting...…. LOL

I have 20 to 25 counting the ones in use...most are posi-trac (i know...."sure grip" but dont like that terminology) and 2 or 3 spool samples.this one's fo sale.

20190825_155932.jpg

-
Back