How many 8 3/4" 3rd members do you currently have ?

-
Does having one with no gears count? Being built like the old Johnny Cash song, One Piece At a Time. I have the housings, a pair of Moser axle shafts, brake assemblies and a diff for it. It is a 489 would like a 2.67:1 for it. Also have a clutch type SG that would be sweet with a 3.55 or 3.91.

is this the first you mentioned of a trophy you won this year with a 7 and 1/4 rear end?
posted it in me & Jaba's race thread..... LOL. I also mentioned it in the video in my "low dollar redemption thread".

Triple R has me on ignore bahahaha.....
Maybe him and yellow rose can start their own I used to drag race 20 years ago Club....

posted it in me & Jaba's race thread..... LOL. I also mentioned it in the video in my "low dollar redemption thread".
You probably be surprised at how much of that Race that I've actually missed and haven't even looked at it in a couple days I don't think. And I don't remember no low-dollar Redemption threat at all...

is this the first you mentioned of a trophy you won this year with a 7 and 1/4 rear end?
My 318 Duster took a back seat this year. I put what little time the weather permitted in the 360 duster (wheels/tires, rear end, drive shaft loop, scoop, headers, decals). I pulled the 318 Duster out of the storage shed about mid summer and took it straight to the strip and came home with the trophy, where it went back into storage.... LOL. I didn't even change oil in it this year..... :(

I was thinking yesterday to start a summer car story on the general discussion thread..

Well I must have read that and totally forgot. I had already hit the like button on the thread so I must have read it...
well, to tie this in somehow to be somewhat relevant to this thread, I've been beating, and abusing the 7.25 rear in this car for 3 years. Many are afraid to hot rod one behind a slant six... LOL. I know my 318 isn't making any real power, but the 7.25 has taken 14 second abuse for 3 years - out of town and at the strip. - still off point, I know… lol Oh, yeah, the trophy is a story not worth sharing in itself... :rolleyes:

You probably be surprised at how much of that Race that I've actually missed and haven't even looked at .
You are the one that keeps bringing it up...... usually slam'n ME!!!!!! :eek:

I forgot what you dialed in at when you won that trophy?...
I sandbagged. Dialed a 15.11 Please don't ask about the trophy, it's really a story within itself :D :D

I got a 3.91 cone SG under the car, a 3.23 pig in the wings for the turbo build and a 489 4.56 ring and pinion, all 489 cases. I even had an old 1820657 (pre 741) case that looked the same to me as the 741.

Only have two.
A 3:23 pegleg in the Dart. And a disassembled 2:76 pig on the bench that's about to get a brand new clutch type suregrip and 3:55 gears.

-
Back