How many cars is too many?!

-

DQ81

'73 Dart
Reaction score
Allright guys and galls,

I'm getting to a point in life where I've owned a LOT of cars, and even though I'm only 28 it's been well over 150, granted some only for a few months but long enough to love em' or hate em'.

The problem I have is that I fall in love with cars very easily, they all have their charm. GM, mopar, Ford, BMW, Audi, Honda, Subaru etc.

I learn from all of them etc. but when push comes to shove I have a few concrete favourites without much rationale. I own 3 favourites already, and now 2 others are up for grabs!

Being indecisive as I am, I'm battling purchasing 2 of my favorites I can get a hold of pretty cheap. Both are cars that I wish I'd never gotten rid of...

I already have:

A '73 Dodge Dart (ongoing project, one of the keepers for now, see my build thread, which needs updating...)

A '72 Beetle, another keeper.

A '74 Full convertible Blazer, which is being replaced by a regular '78 Blazer (same car just more stable and already lifted etc.)

So that's 3 cars I can use regularly, even though I'm in Europe, the Beetle is cheap on gas with the Suby engine, the Dart's getting an LPG conversion and the Blazer already runs it (LPG is 3x's cheaper than gas here...so you get to run a v8 for the cost of a 1.3 Jap motor)

Do I need an intervention?

A I addicted to cars?! :toothy10:

Should I just give in to addiction seeing as it keeps me off the bottle, smokes and streets! :)

What the hell do you do with 5 cars anyway? Crap I forgot to mention the limo....

Of course I have modification plans for the two I want to add to the stable, as well as ongoing work on the Beetle and Dart. The only ready to go is the (replacement) Blazer.

How many you got in the stable? How many daily's?

Do I indulge or draw the line? It's not a super stretch financially, just no other extra's for a few months, no biggie.

Oh yeah, the 2 I wanna add are:

'91 Jaguar van den Plas, black w/ cream leather and 220 horse. (needs a valve job, 2 weekends worth of work) wanna make this my druglord car, haha, big rims, dark windwos etc. Nice car to take the GF out in.

'87 Fiero 5spd that I've already sourced a 3800 Supercharged motor for even though the v6 in it is fine... With a vd. Hoef Ferrari body kit etc.

It's the only ricer-ish car I'll drive, man that thing is low and quick!

Who else can relate? What do I do? Indulge or be smart and save money?!

This post is as serious as much as it's a joke, sometimes it's just good to hear other opinions...

TIA

Besides the ones in my signature, we have 4 others: a 93 Dakota shortbed 4WD, a 95 RHD Jeep Cherokee, a 97 Caravan and an 07 Jeep Liberty.

I can't count how many I have had since I was 15 or so but right now the wife and I have 8 licenced and insured with only us and a 3 year old. I wish I had a bigger yard or driveway!

Currently have 13. 5 tagged and 8 "projects" also have a 4 wheeler. Keeping in mind ive sold about 6 in the past year. I have spare parts for everyone. So NO i dont think you can have to many as long as you can afford one more. Oh and i search every day for the next one

you can never have to many cars

Amen!

my wife wont let me have a harem so i settled for a car corral

Ditto

Currently have 13. 5 tagged and 8 "projects" also have a 4 wheeler. Keeping in mind ive sold about 6 in the past year. I have spare parts for everyone. So NO i dont think you can have to many as long as you can afford one more. Oh and i search every day for the next one

Haha, I search every single day also...

I've also been trying to catch a guy when he's home who's got a '70 Pontiac Formula just sitting still in good enough shape...

We're all addicts!:toothy10:

-
Back