How many CURRENT owners of real '74 360 Duster 4 speed cars on here?

-
KZ72, did you look on the back side of the fender to see if the two little holes were filled in with body filler. Maybe the fenders were painted at some point.

Did the 360 emblem have pins on it? If not, and just a sticker, perhaps it was removed?

What day of the week was your car produced (off of fender tag or the VIN sticker on the door)? Perhaps it was built on a Friday and never got the holes drilled for the 360 emblem?
It looks like the original fenders on my car had 4 pins set up for a duster logo, and a 360 logo with pins beneath it

Did the 360 emblem have pins on it? If not, and just a sticker, perhaps it was removed?

What day of the week was your car produced (off of fender tag or the VIN sticker on the door)? Perhaps it was built on a Friday and never got the holes drilled for the 360 emblem?

H
KZ72, did you look on the back side of the fender to see if the two little holes were filled in with body filler. Maybe the fenders were painted at some point.

Thanks for the heads up I will have a look!

Yep maybe right a quitting time!

I found this thread while doing some research on the car for my parents, originally looking for a firmer figure on production numbers. I want to thank everyone who contributed information to this post as it has given me so much information about my dads car. Unfortunately the fender tag is missing but we pulled out the back seat tonight and found the broadcast sheet in fairly good condition considering it’s been there 47 years now, it was a rush finding it almost like a treasure hunt. Always interested to learn more if you have more information to share

D014BE0E-62E4-49CF-AC5A-892A8A4B80A1.jpeg

Yea that is a treasure find! They built approximately 593 with the 4 speed. I have the little book from Galvin Govier (spelling on the name might be off a little.) Google mopar option code book and you can break down all the numbers

Those 360 emblems might be stick on. I believe this was mentioned before

Yea that is a treasure find! They built approximately 593 with the 4 speed. I have the little book from Galvin Govier (spelling on the name might be off a little.) Google mopar option code book and you can break down all the numbers

My little books says 586. Maybe an older copy of the book?

Thanks Dion, I did not take mine out-stuffed in the closet somewhere- your number sounds good

I can’t find one of these books for sale anywhere and the reviews for GG are not great. On his website he is requesting a check in the mail, who actually writes checks anymore? This day and age, it’s called PayPal. That being said I’m sure I can find the information on the internet

I’m fairly certain with a broadcast sheet you can get a fairly accurate, if not 100% correct, fender tag made for the car.

Dads74- Galvin is a Mopar authenticity expert and very well respected. If he performs a report on your Mopar, it would be more valuable.

The guy's actual name is Galen Govier.
His business was (is?) called Galen's Tag Service.
(Or GTS for short)
I do not know the man, and other than buying the ''White Books'' from him years ago, I have had no dealings with him.
It is rumored that he is slow in working these days, and only deals with the most rare and expensive Mopars specifically, but I can't say either way if this is true.
At any rate, with the research that he has done over the years, my opinion is that he has done a great service to the Mopar community in general.

The guy's actual name is Galen Govier.
His business was (is?) called Galen's Tag Service.
(Or GTS for short)
I do not know the man, and other than buying the ''White Books'' from him years ago, I have had no dealings with him.
It is rumored that he is slow in working these days, and only deals with the most rare and expensive Mopars specifically, but I can't say either way if this is true.
At any rate, with the research that he has done over the years, my opinion is that he has done a great service to the Mopar community in general.

Seems like I heard his wife got sick or some other health issue cropped up and he was pretty much nonexistent for doing stuff anymore. Even before that he was pretty slow to respond to stuff.

I could snap a picture of the table showing the number built, but won’t go much beyond that.

MMC Detroit LLC
mmcdetroit.com
They do reproduction fender tags and build sheet decoding. I also received about 30 detailed pages of history, options and obscure details about my 74 360 Duster 4 speed ... the guys name is David Wise

Updated tally:

1 individual that hasn't posted, so I won’t say who he is (and I don’t remember anymore)

Myself – DionR - yes
oldkimmer – as of 10/8/2020
TimS – no (1/28/2018 reference to selling to a friend)
MrHemi – as of 4/19/2011
360Duster4speed – as of 4/26/2020
Driven – as of 4/20/2011
daniel_depetro - as of 7/13/2015
manofmopar340 – as of 12/12/2012
Moparman1966 - as of 11/15/2012
poppaweelee - as of 7/15/2015
Abody4speed – as of 7/13/2015
sobiecam – as of 9/15/2015
TireSmoknTim – as of 10/6/2016
Mark Damewood – as of 5/7/2017
Money pitt (friend) – as of 1/27/2018
gdrill – sold but still alive
Shayne Dysart – as of 12/17/2020
JRS - as of 2/13/2020
Mike Mitchem - as of 8/9/2020
KZ1972 - as of 10/9/2020
Dads74Duster – as of 10/9/2020
BRozak – as of 10/9/2020

Dates are the last time they posted in this thread with something indicating they still owned the car.

23 cars!

Can't believe this thread keep staying alive.

Edit to update dates.

Last edited:
Updated tally:

1 individual that hasn't posted, so I won’t say who he is (and I don’t remember anymore)

Myself – DionR - yes
oldkimmer – as of 10/8/2020
TimS – no (1/28/2018 reference to selling to a friend)
MrHemi – as of 4/19/2011
360Duster4speed – as of 4/26/2020
Driven – as of 4/20/2011
daniel_depetro - as of 7/13/2015
manofmopar340 – as of 12/12/2012
Moparman1966 - as of 11/15/2012
poppaweelee - as of 7/15/2015
Abody4speed – as of 7/13/2015
sobiecam – as of 9/15/2015
TireSmoknTim – as of 10/6/2016
Mark Damewood – as of 5/7/2017
Money pitt (friend) – as of 1/27/2018
gdrill – sold but still alive
Shayne Dysart – as of 12/17/2020
JRS - as of 2/13/2020
Mike Mitchem - as of 8/9/2020
KZ1972 - as of 10/9/2020
Dads74Duster – as of 10/9/2020
BRozak – as of 10/9/2020

Dates are the last time they posted in this thread with something indicating they still owned the car.

23 cars!

Can't believe this thread keep staying alive.

Edit to update dates.

This thread started on my 27th birthday. :thumbsup:

I find it hard to believe there are 23 original cars. I have never seen one at any show. Interesting?

I find it hard to believe there are 23 original cars. I have never seen one at any show. Interesting?

Ah, the power of the internet to bring people together.

If you figure that of the 586 original 1974 Duster 360 4M cars produced, only 70% remain (could be much fewer), that leaves 410 of them. Distributed evenly over the 3,797,000 square miles that makes up the USA, that puts one in about 9,256 square miles. That's maybe 7 in your whole state? And if 1 in 10 is ever taken to a show, that leaves a very small chance you would ever see one at a show.

:lol:

-
Back