How many have a former mouse house car?

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yea, its nasty but it happens. I am taking my coronet wagon down for paint and what do I find.

Remnants and evidence of rampant mouse parties and mouse fornication with no regard to destruction of property.

How many of you out there got a cool car, only to find a former mouse club inside?

Attachments

• 20150918_212503.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 232
  • CIMG5223.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 237
  • CIMG5229.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 246
  • CIMG5230.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 236
Got one, still get a whif of the critters once in a while.

Vkz7yc.jpg

Got one, still get a whif of the critters once in a while.

wow, that sure is a lot of car for a young gun....I bet your insurance rates are a sky scraper unless you tell them its your dad's car. LOL :evil3::evil3:

We've caught a few mice here in our back garage so far... :violent1:

I think there are some more... #-o

I need to get more traps... :violent2:

I had one for years that would follow me in what ever car i was driving. he would ever jump on on my sholder when i was driving lol . I had a box full of paper for him under the seat and would feed him stuff never hurt my rides never even found poop. car didnt smell or nothing . As long as i feed him he was a good little feller i named him fred he must of passed on tho i aint seen him in bout 2 years

Please be aware of that virus that was going around, I'll think of it in a minute.

Years ago, in HVAC, I had to go to a filthy old bar and figure out why one of their antique beer coolers wasn't "coolin." Slid the filthy mess of a condensing unit out and I'm met with............

The mice had crawled in the unit to get warm, and when the unit started up, the FAN BLADES clumped the poor innocent little fellas in the HEAD.

Yea, its nasty but it happens.

Remnants and evidence of rampant mouse parties and mouse fornication with no regard to destruction of proprty.

Mouse party and I am not invited?

That does sound nasty.

This mouse plans on destroying some tires & tearing up some Mopars on November 6th & 7th.

Hantavirus.....baaaad stuff. Don't breath the droppings dust. Almost every.......no every car I've brought home has had mice in it. Little buggars. First thing is traps in the car. By day 2 no mice. But then the clean up! Mask, vaccum, get the droppings wet so there is no dust from them.

I have cleaned up 3 cars now that were extremely infested.
Had to gut the interiors to the metal. Wash with water and bleach and repainted the metal just to make sure I got rid of the smell. Replaced or cleaned everything as they go back together.
Tammy drives one of them as a daily now without ever a mention of mouse smell for three years now.
I was very concerned cause she can smell things I can't.
When I got her car you could smell the mice from 10 feet away just walking up to it. The mice nest were everywhere.
Car sat in the woods next to a shed for two years when a window motor went out and couldn't be raised.
Above the headliner, in the heater box, inside the doors and trunk, in the seats.
I had hid the car from her for the first two months at a friends house for the bulk of the cleaning knowing she would reject
it if she encountered it as it was.
When I gave her the car she complained a bit about paint and glue smell till it all dried out.
I won't be getting any more mouse cars in the future.
They have been cheap to buy though.

wow, that sure is a lot of car for a young gun....I bet your insurance rates are a sky scraper unless you tell them its your dad's car. LOL :evil3::evil3:

LOL I have grey in my hair.

LOL I have grey in my hair.

oh really!!!! maybe I am confusing you with someone else, but I thought you are a young gun ......like around 21 or 22. .....at least I was thinking you are younger than me and I am in the "under 30" crowd.

oops sorry

oh really!!!! maybe I am confusing you with someone else, but I thought you are a young gun ......like around 21 or 22. .....at least I was thinking you are younger than me and I am in the "under 30" crowd.

oops sorry

Hmm, I graduated High School in 1985, lots of old muscle cars in the parking lot.

Shhh you are giving away the year I was born.

^^ your handle implies '67!

Shhh you are giving away the year I was born.

I would have thought 67 was for a year of a car ....before I changed my screen name, I was Ranidart70 because I have a 70 dart, I was actually born in 1986. So the 67 in your screen name didn't give anything away to me. LOL :evil3::evil3:

Yep, had 'em get in a few of my rides too.

Don't know if it is true or not but I've been taking cotton balls and putting spearmint essential oil on them and putting one on each floor board. The theory is the mint irritates their breathers so they stay away. Seems to be working so far. And the car smells great :cheers:

I have another car that a guy used to put dryer sheets in for the same purpose. That car smells like a laundry room to this day. Kind of gross but better than critter smell.

CE

I have found nests in many places. The rockers really suck because that seems to be what gets the rust going from the inside out. Their pee is hard on stuff. I just pulled a rather large condo out of the torsion bar crossmember in my '62. Fortunately it doesn't appear to have done any damage.

I would have thought 67 was for a year of a car ....before I changed my screen name, I was Ranidart70 because I have a 70 dart, I was actually born in 1986. So the 67 in your screen name didn't give anything away to me. LOL :evil3::evil3:

1986, I actually thought you were younger than that.
The internet is making all of us lose a few years tonight.

Nice nest under the back seat of my bcuda,

Attachments

• nest.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 141
I got some more traps!!!!

Yippee!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

They were on sale 3 for a buck... :D

I bought three bucks worth... #-o

You do the math.... :???:

Funny, I just found evidence of an infestation in a car that I tend to drive at least once a week.
I opened the trunk today at the grocery store and noticed lots of poo on the bed spread that I keep in the trunk for padding. It was pretty chewed up to.
I'm thinking more than one got in very recently.
I hope.

The mouse stories could go on forever. Back in about 1967 My dad bought an old Studebaker pick up for parts, The title was stored in the Glove box... for safe keeping.
I don't need to go on do I? Years later 1988 the old rig was brought out from behind the shop to be build into a hot rod, the title was only a shred of it's self and not enough left to do any good.
A customers '68 Corvette's heater box was destroyed. I guess they like Corvettes.

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 132
I looked at a 62 dart other day, complete car, cheap enough, on the front seat was a pile of rat poop that probably measured 2-4 inches high by 2 foot across. I hate to think how many pounds of poop in that car total!?
probably would have bought it if the hood hadn't been worped, but I have cleaned out so many mice cars I hate even the though! I guess that flipper wasn't making enough profit to clean it up ANY!!!!! maybe open the doors and hose it out!??????

-
Back