How many have seen one?

-
Hah! My wife (girl friend then) almost bought a blue one. Her uncle was a salesman at the local dealership and had her talked into it. I talked her out of it and she bought a really nice Plymouth Scamp slanty instead.

I had one for my very first car back in 79, actually it didn't go to bad, 1600cc motor, duel SU carbs and a 4 spd on the floor, yeah it was a moor door, but so what, mine had the optional bottle cap hub caps and it WASN'T Japanese!!, Yuck!!

Yep seen a few. Mopar was experimenting with imports at the time. (like every one else)
Colt, Arrow and the like. Ford had the Anglia back in the 50's. Everybody was doing it.

Worked at a shop in Tampa Fl. called Johnny's Auto Service in 1974 -76. We had a customer that owned two of them. I did brake work and service work on them mostly. They were neat little cars, to little for my big A$$. The same guy also had a 64? Sunbeam Tiger with a 260 Ford V8. That I worked on too.

I've seen them before...

It does have alot of oil and dirt on the valve cover for that low of mileage....

If it leaked oil that badly that quickly, it should have been taken back and fixed under warranty....

Back home ( Nwe Zealand ) we had them as Hillman Avengers ( or more commonly called the Land Crab )were heaps of them around still is a few. Mates mum ad one we ended up using it as a thrash hack round their farm till it went down a bank never bothered pulling it out last I saw it had a tree growing through it.

I've seen them before...

It does have alot of oil and dirt on the valve cover for that low of mileage....

If it leaked oil that badly that quickly, it should have been taken back and fixed under warranty....

Yea,,,, isn't it still under warranty, not 20,000 miles on her yet.

Like the dealership wouldn't even now what that car is.

Yep, seen them new on the lot. Like most British cars Rust was a big problem.
Anybody remember when a Simca or a Sunbeam could be bought at a Chrysler/Plymouth dealership ?

A friend's brother had one back in the mid '70s.
It was a pretty good car to him as far as i remember........

Well, have you seen one of THESE...

Excuse me while I whip this out...

[ame]https://youtu.be/EYlDbv7MqE8[/ame]

Yep, seen them new on the lot. Like most British cars Rust was a big problem.
Anybody remember when a Simca or a Sunbeam could be bought at a Chrysler/Plymouth dealership ?

As British cars go, it wasn't too bad. At least it didn't suffer from Lucas' disease. (The Joseph Lucas Company invented Darkness. Joseph Lucas, therefore, was the Prince of Darkness. Past owners of Healeys, Triumphs, or MGs will certainly understand.) It is interesting how Chrysler tried to distance the car from its point of origin, like Mitsubishi products, but unlike the Simca.

Other captive imports I remember:

Opel................Buick...........Opel Manta and Opel GT weren't too bad. Killed off in US due to rise in Dmark vs USD, IIRC.
Vauxhall...........Pontiac........Didn't see one off dealer lot.
Cortina............Ford............1600 cc Kent engine was Pinto base motor for a while. A few LHD Lotus Cortinas sold. Had coves below beltline painted BRG. Cars were pricey for the day.
Pantera...........Mercury........GTS with Zakspeed 351C could turn an autobahn into a sidewalk. Fastest street drive I ever took.
Capri..............Mercury........Sold in Europe as Ford Capri. Think of it as a European Mustang II. US models came with either a 2.0 liter ohc I-4 or a 2.8 liter ovh V-6. Though not sold in the US, some of these were out fitted with Ferguson Formula (4wd) and/or 302W V-8 engines.
Sunbeam Tiger..Chry/Plym.....Joint project between Sunbeam and Shelby. Originally 260 CID, later 289 CID. Very quick. Car fell in Mopar camp when it acquired Rootes Group. Embarrassed by selling a Ford motor in one of its car lines, it was quickly killed off. Alpine was same car with I-4 engine.
Simca...........Dodge............Last model sold in US (1307) (had to look model up) had different wheelbase on sides for suspension clearance. Soft ride with a lot of body roll.

Mopar/Mitsubishi Collaborations

Colt...............Dodge...........Popular car in underclass in Showroom Stock Racing.
Challenger.......Dodge...........Yes, a Challenger with a 4-banger. Based on Mitsubishi Galant Lambda.
Sapporo.........Plymouth.......Twin to Challenger.
Stealth..........Dodge...........FWD sporty car powered by 3.0 mini-van motor. Later added twin turbos, 4 wheel steering, and AWD. Better looking Dodge styling on a Mitsubishi 3000 GT.
Ram 50..........Dodge...........Based on Mitsubishi Mighty Max pickup.
Raider............Dodge...........Based on Mitsubishi Pajero small SUV.
Conquest.......Chrysler.........Sold as Plymouth and Dodge, too. Based on Mitsubishi Eclipse.

You missed the pontiac G8 they where Holden commodores as are the chevy SS used in nascar all Australia designed also made ss a ute version lota fun driving a ute with a corvette motor.

As British cars go, it wasn't too bad. At least it didn't suffer from Lucas' disease. (The Joseph Lucas Company invented Darkness. Joseph Lucas, therefore, was the Prince of Darkness. Past owners of Healeys, Triumphs, or MGs will certainly understand.) It is interesting how Chrysler tried to distance the car from its point of origin, like Mitsubishi products, but unlike the Simca.

Other captive imports I remember:

Opel................Buick...........Opel Manta and Opel GT weren't too bad. Killed off in US due to rise in Dmark vs USD, IIRC.
Vauxhall...........Pontiac........Didn't see one off dealer lot.
Cortina............Ford............1600 cc Kent engine was Pinto base motor for a while. A few LHD Lotus Cortinas sold. Had coves below beltline painted BRG. Cars were pricey for the day.
Pantera...........Mercury........GTS with Zakspeed 351C could turn an autobahn into a sidewalk. Fastest street drive I ever took.
Capri..............Mercury........Sold in Europe as Ford Capri. Think of it as a European Mustang II. US models came with either a 2.0 liter ohc I-4 or a 2.8 liter ovh V-6. Though not sold in the US, some of these were out fitted with Ferguson Formula (4wd) and/or 302W V-8 engines.
Sunbeam Tiger..Chry/Plym.....Joint project between Sunbeam and Shelby. Originally 260 CID, later 289 CID. Very quick. Car fell in Mopar camp when it acquired Rootes Group. Embarrassed by selling a Ford motor in one of its car lines, it was quickly killed off. Alpine was same car with I-4 engine.
Simca...........Dodge............Last model sold in US (1307) (had to look model up) had different wheelbase on sides for suspension clearance. Soft ride with a lot of body roll.

Mopar/Mitsubishi Collaborations

Colt...............Dodge...........Popular car in underclass in Showroom Stock Racing.
Challenger.......Dodge...........Yes, a Challenger with a 4-banger. Based on Mitsubishi Galant Lambda.
Sapporo.........Plymouth.......Twin to Challenger.
Stealth..........Dodge...........FWD sporty car powered by 3.0 mini-van motor. Later added twin turbos, 4 wheel steering, and AWD. Better looking Dodge styling on a Mitsubishi 3000 GT.
Ram 50..........Dodge...........Based on Mitsubishi Mighty Max pickup.
Raider............Dodge...........Based on Mitsubishi Pajero small SUV.
Conquest.......Chrysler.........Sold as Plymouth and Dodge, too. Based on Mitsubishi Eclipse.

-
Back